JomSocial 4.1.0 Beta 1 Is Now Available for Download
After countless hours of development and more than 2,000 commits in repo containing awesome new features and improvements, JomSocial 4.1 Beta 1 is finally ready for testing. Download your copy today and test drive all the new core features and the completely rebuilt apps and modules.
We’ve packed a bunch of new features into this release. This just a highlight of all the goodies we prepared for JomSocial 4.1.
- All modules and apps have been redone to comply with JomSocial 4’s frontend style.
- Image albums have been restructured to support new features such as posting images to other users profile or events; image watermarks; moving photos between albums; managing photos posted in groups and events, and so much more.
- Users can now choose whether to show their online status.
- Profile cards can be enabled in the Theme Designer. Hover over a user’s avatar and the card will appear.
- Search and filter users by Profile Type.
- Post videos in events and other user profiles.
- Built in two-factor authentication for Joomla 3.4.
- Featured activity streams on frontpage, profile, groups and events.
- Manual location input on the stream.
- Search stream by keywords.
- Set the default filter for the frontpage stream.
- Attachments in private messages.
- Over a hundred more improvements...!
Calling Beta Testers!
To lay your hands on this amazing, new version of JomSocial, register on our beta site. If you're accepted as a beta tester, we'll notify you by email.
Who Should Apply To Be A Beta Tester?
Do apply to be a beta tester if you’re…
- A JomSocial user with an active community.
- A JomSocial template developer.
- A JomSocial extension developer.
- A JomSocial translator.
- A valid license holder.
Why Should You Be A Beta Tester?
Being a JomSocial beta tester delivers all sorts of advantages. You get to make sure that JomSocial works perfectly in your community. You can test the templates or extensions that you’re developing. And you get real influence over the development of this version.
Who Can Download JomSocial 4 Beta?
Only approved beta testers with an active license can download the beta version.
Can I Install This Version On My Live Site?
While you could install this version on any site, we don’t recommend that you install it on your production site. It’s still a beta. It will have bugs, and while we will try to fix them quickly, we can’t provide support. For best practices on effectively testing new software, please read this article on our beta site.
Where Can I See The JomSocial 4.1 Beta?
The JomSocial 4.1 beta is live on our community site.
Before You Install This Version …
Because we remade all the modules and applications from scratch, the installer will automatically remove and replace some of them. You will need to reconfigure those modules and apps again. Read the list of all extension changes in our documentation.
See More About JomSocial 4.1
If you have missed the previous blog about JomSocial 4.1 features, read it here.
As the bug reports start coming in, we will start fixing them and release more beta versions to the testers. Once we have a version that has very few known bugs, we will release an RC1 (Release Candidate 1). We're hoping we won't have too many betas and RC's and will be able to release a stable version for you shortly after RC1.
Thank You For Your Patience!
This release required a major overhaul of all modules and plugins as well as many other features in the core. We redid all the styling in modules and apps, and we added hundreds of new features and improvements to existing ones. Thanks for bearing with us while we put the final touch to the best social networking application for Joomla!
Join the Beta Testing Program Now!
Do you want to help us test JomSocial 4.1:
If your license is expired, you can renew it here: