JomSocial 4.5.3 released for Signup consent form checkbox
We are releasing a quick release for Jomsocial 4.5.3 for General Data Protection Regulation consent checkbox. Since the General Data Protection Regulation is started from today and its required to site owners to give a clear consent option for users in the registration form during a new user singnup on site.
RELEASE CHANGELOG DETAILS:
- Improvement: consent form checkbox added in registration form and FB login for new users signup
HOW TO ENABLE THIS OPTION?
- Install the Latest version of Jomsocial 4.5.3
- Open Jomsocial > Configurations > Registration > Enable GDPR > Yes
JA GDPR EXTENSION
We recently released the stable version that support Jomsocial to handle the user data. JA Joomla GDPR extension brings GDPR compliance to Joomla sites. Easy to setup and customize. displays personal information of users as stored by the Joomla site owners. Kindly check more details Here
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND UPGRADE?
- Check the system requirements Here
- Create a full Backup your website
- Make sure you are running minimum JomSocial 4.4 or JomSocial 4.5 version
- If you use JomSocial 4.3 or lower - Make the tier upgrade as explained in this doc & update Jomsocial with > 4.3 > 4.4 > 4.5
- Download JomSocial 4.5.3 from new unified download system here
- Unzip the package first & Install the package 4.5.3.zip installer file
We have been working on upgrading JomSocial to be compatible with Joomla 4 and on new feature requests that are requested by community members to implement them in next releases.