JomSocial 4.0.7 Is Now Ready To Download
Version 4.0.7 is a bugfix release that addresses the photo viewing privacy issues and problems related to Facebook Connect feature.
You can see the full list of fixes and improvements in our 4.0.7 changelog.
Apart from fixing a few bugs, version 4.0.7 improves the stability of Facebook Connect’s deprecated scopes and also further increases the privacy of community photos.
We do recommend that you update to this version, although there are no known security issues.
How To Download JomSocial 4.0.7
Log in to your account at the JomSocial website and download the latest package. Unzip the package to find the JomSocial 4.0.7 installation file or iJoomla Installer.
How To Upgrade To JomSocial 4.0.7:
1. To upgrade with iJoomla installer (recommended):
Navigate to the iJoomla Installer component and click the red "Upgrade" button.
Instructions for this method can be found here. Note that version number in the document might differ from the current version but the upgrade process is the same.
2. To upgrade by installing the package:
- From any JomSocial version 3.2.x.y - First upgrade to Jomsocial 184.108.40.206, then open the Joomla extension manager and install version 4.0.7 on top of the previous version.
- From JomSocial 3.1 or older - Perform a tier upgrade.
- From JomSocial 1.5 - JomSocial 1.5 is very old and is only compatible with Joomla 1.5. To upgrade to the latest JomSocial, you'll need to migrate to at least Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.4 and perform a tier upgrade. Learn how to make that migration using this tutorial.
3. To upgrade with a patch:
Patch files are provided as a courtesy and it is always recommended that you update your JomSocial installation using an installer. If you must update through patch files, they are available on the forum.
If you’re not sure how to update with patch files, we have a tutorial for that too.