JomSocial 184.108.40.206 is now available
With the release of the JomSocial 4 beta just around the corner, we’ve just got time for one final bugfix release for 3.2.1.
There are no known security issues in this release, but we do advise you to update your sites as it does include some important privacy and features patches. To see the full list of fixes and improvements please visit the changelog page.
This release ends the bug fixing for 3.2 series (unless some major security flaw is discovered). The next bug fixes will be for version 4.
As a bugfix release, 220.127.116.11 brings no major new features. We focused on fixing avatar and cover issues with external storage, and improving the overall stability of the component.
How To Download JomSocial 18.104.22.168
Simply log in to your account at the JomSocial website and download the latest package. Unzip the package to find the JomSocial 22.214.171.124 installation file or iJoomla Installer.
How To Upgrade To JomSocial 126.96.36.199:
1. To upgrade with Ijoomla installer (recommended):
Navigate to iJoomla Installer component and click the red "Upgrade" button.
Instructions for this method can be found here.
2. To upgrade by installing the package:
- From JomSocial 3.1.x or 3.2.x.y - Uninstall the old version. Install the new version.
- From JomSocial 2.6, 2.8 and 3.0 - Perform a tier upgrade.
- From JomSocial 1.5 - JomSocial 1.5 is very old and is only compatible with Joomla 1.5. To upgrade to the latest JomSocial, you'll need to migrate to at least Joomla 2.5 and perform a tier upgrade. Learn how to make that migration using this tutorial
3. To upgrade with a patch:
Patch files are provided as a courtesy and it is always recommended that you update your Jomsocial installation using an installer. If however you must update through patch files, they are available on the forum. If you’re not sure how to update with patch files, we have a tutorial for that too.