Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

All in one

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Paul,
I bought your program. But it does not work a lot of features. I spent a lot of time with you (three months), but no positive results. You wrote one comment per day, and again disappears (not reading the previous comments - and asking unnecessary questions and allow time for nothing). Because of these problems have yet to be unable to start your program.
Adds all the problems in one place:
Comentet photos not display in activity stream if it is not published (not fixed) –very important
upload video - cron job is not working (Pseudo Streaming not working)- important
After install Jomsocial administration panel is very slow or its is blank (not fixed)–very important (in intranet (ofline) admin panel is not working)
If move site, or change domain groups photoalbums is view like href (not fixed)
Group admin created from admin panel is not invited to groups (fixed –after first login automatically inviting).
The server will work for one week. If you continue to slow the process down, I want to recover the money, or you have to extend the renewal period.

Thanks
Rimantas

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas .

We acknowledge your inquiry.
Tomorrow at the morning we'll have a meeting where we'll try to find solution for your issues.
I ask your patience once again...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas .

I would like to test your site on my hosting.
Do I have your permission to copy it an install on my server?
Site will not have public address.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
Ok, this is test site.
Regards
Rimantas

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

I just want to tell that we, still working on your issues.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

I performed a test regarding "After install Jomsocial administration panel is very slow or its is blank"
I installed your web site on my server and compared loading times:
This is your site on your server: prntscr.com/3hlhlr
This is your site on my server: prntscr.com/3hlknw

Notice:

Your server: Time: 10637.7 ms / 10744.6 ms Memory: 15.856 MB / 24.10 MB Application: afterDispatch
My server: Time: 695.3 ms / 846.0 ms Memory: 7.966 MB / 12.44 MB Application: afterDispatch

Your server: Database queries total: 552.1 ms
My server: Database queries total: 94.7 ms

And JomSocial backend runs reasonable fast. I sent you access credentials via PM.

So I think that this is hosting issue (or localhost configuration).

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
After your access to my site - this stopped working normally:

And about "After install Jomsocial administration panel is very slow": I know why that is - I wrote about it many times, but you can not hear me again. I bought a program so that it would be my no external connections-otherwise, I have come to use facebook (I do not know what makes your administration panel to connect to a ip address: 64.91.229.53). And again if I use "My Jomsocial" in local (company's intranet site) in administration panel I get error:
What need to edit, that the administrative panel to work offline???.
After upgrade to 3.2.0.4 I found new plugin "iJoomla Upgrade Alert ". I need to turn off this plugin that the Joomla administration panel would working quickly.
The good news: Photo comment in the group, does not create activity stream item - is fixed.
Regards,
Rimantas

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

I haven't touched anything on your site - just made a copy of it and enable debugging mode.
JomSocial administration panel connects with our blog feed.
Every one in our support has a localhost copy of JomSocial (at least one) and as far I know it's preform very well without any additional panel hacks. You're only one that reported slow backend response...

I know why that is[/qoute]

If you know what that is... then tell us please. If you disable "iJoomla Upgrade Alert " plugin then slow response issue is solved?

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
You haven't touched anything on my site - yes this is true. But It was the day before, when I have given you user and password to my site.
And what about:
1. What need to edit, that the administrative panel to work offline.
2. Upload video - Pseudo Streaming not working.
3. If move site, or change domain, groups photoalbums is view like a href not thumbnails.
Regards,
Rimantas

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

Ok, so I see that we're making progress...

1. Administrator panel SHOULD work offline as it works for my and for many other users. But I presume that you want cut off all external connection made by JomSocial dashboard. I talk with developers about it - on todays support meeting.

2. I also talk about that feature.

3. This is fixed in JomSocial 3.2.0.5. But it will not fix old entries. Please make a short test: upload/create new content and check if paths are correct.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

1. As I said, administrator panel should work well in localhost as few of us tried and had no issues like yours. The only external requests that could be generated in JomSocial backend are: blog feed, Google map display (others could come from non-mandatory settings like Facebook connect, Amazon S3 service, Zend Coder). So to get rid of ANY external request you'll need developers help as we don't support major customizations and localhost installations.

2. We still need to talk with PO about this...

3. Please, do as I advised and test it.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
Upload video - Pseudo Streaming not working.
Problem is not fixed and you can't resolved without that.
Best regards,
Rimantas

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rimantas.

Pseudo streaming is obsolete in the curent version of JomSocial - > 3.2.x.x. It has not been removed and wont be in this version.
So we will not accept it is a bug.
JomSocial 3.3 we will be using a new html5 method and Pseudo Streaming feature will be replaced by a new method.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński