Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Still some stuffs to translate in JS, override no works

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

Hi Alin,
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry but I don't find this file either in root/language/en-GB nor in \administrator\language\en-GB
Please find ftp details in the secure form.

ISSUE SUMMARY:

Hello,

After translating the 3419 line of the .ini file for JomSocial there is still several thinks to translate and it doesn't works with override. Please see screenshots.

Thank you.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

JS Events is module title. Just change it by editing module.
Regarding Guru plugins - just edit plugin and change it title in this field: i.imgur.com/SY4slZ7.png
The same goes for Publisher plugin.
PLG_GURUCOURSESTAKE_VIEWALLC = View all courses I take
GURU_MODULE_AMOUNT_STUDENTS_FRONT = Student

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok for the modules. But still some stuff to translate and impossible to do with override.

On this page: www.eveil.me/communaut%C3%A9-eveil

On this page: www.eveil.me/communaut%C3%A9/496-alain-badan/profile

Regarding Guru plugins - just edit plugin and change it title in this field: i.imgur.com/SY4slZ7.png --> I don't have this plugin
The same goes for Publisher plugin.
PLG_GURUCOURSESTAKE_VIEWALLC = View all courses I take --> I don't have it
GURU_MODULE_AMOUNT_STUDENTS_FRONT = Student --> I don't have it

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

If you don't have some language constants - just add them.
Sure you have plugin from printscreen - it's on your printscreen as well titled "I take".

I explained how to change plugin titles.
Also you're aware of Joomla! language override feature... just use it.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

If I ask you it's because I don't know.

So how to add some language constants ? Please explain to me very carefuly as I am not a professional.

I already changed the plugin title but it doesn't show on frontend as you can see on the screenshot below.

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

If you don't have some language constants - just add them. --> So how to do it please ?

For ALL the others texts that still have to be translated, Joomla override doesn't works.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

You may add language constants in two way;

1. Directly in file
2. Using Joomla language override. If language override doesn't work - you may have Joomla! issue. i know it may sound irritating but on my test site language overrides work for Guru.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

1. In which file please ?
2. In this case it is not for Guru but for JomSocial.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

I'm sorry to be not accurate. I meant this file: en-GB.com_community.ini
No matter if related with Guru or JomSocial, it should work... hmm.. maybe check if you disabled caching in Joomla!.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I already translated the 3419 lines of fr-FR.com_community.ini

I enabled Joomla cache and tried again but nothing works. And Joomla override doesn't works as well.

It's realy a shame. Most of the free extensions on the JED are natively multilangual so we can choose in which language we like to install the extension. JomSocial PRO and Guru PRO are expensive extensions and are not multilangual. We, the buyers, have to translate all the files. I personnaly spend more than 3 weeks to translate JomSocial PRO and Guru PRO and there is still some stuffs impossible to translate.

If I cannot have these PRO extensions fully translated in french they are useless and I will have to ask for a refund. And I will inform the JED about these poor products and support.

But I still hope that someone will seriously help me to completely solve these translations issues.

You have access to my Joomla install, so why not to have a look and see buy yourself.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

You opened similar thread to this one - also related with language overrides. Sure I visited your site and checked it... and it seems that you used language overrides in WRONG WAY.
You applied French overrides to... English language.
Please, read my post here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/guru-pro/30767-g...b-translation#149020

Language overrides works 100%... you just failed to apply it correctly. Also both components are fully translatable.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

If Language overrides works 100% for you please try to translate the following values in french site as it doesn't works for me. Also find in attachment the fr-FR.com_community.ini file with the 3419 lines translated in french.

- has been approved as an author.
- Website
- No articles available!
- No media available!
- All Media
- Publisher - JomSocial My Articles
- Publisher - JomSocial My Media
- View All Members
- View all photos

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

I just translated (by creating overrides) TWO constants on YOUR site :)

i.imgur.com/XNLdKuh.png
i.imgur.com/VTQywng.png

After a while I added even more translated texts :P

Does it proof enough that overrides WORK :D

Just like I said before - you misunderstood how to use Joomla! language overrides... and my instructions.
You added French overrides to English override file. But when you use French on frontend English file is not loaded.

Now just continue adding override to right place ;)
Report only those that you REALLY can't translate.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I think there is something I DON'T understand ! How to search for the text to translate in Joomla override ? If I search for example for the text - has been approved as an author - there is no result for value or for chaine. So how did you find the texts to translate in Joomla override ?

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński