Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Still some stuffs to translate in JS, override no works

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alain,
That stream language is coming from Publisher Activity plugin.
I saw you translated it in administrator and I saw also that is translated in site, in stream, but not always.
So, one better method is to copy en-GB.plg_system_publisheractivity.ini file from \administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_system_publisheractivity.ini to \administrator\language\fr-FR\fr-FR.plg_system_publisheractivity.ini
Once you do this, you can easy translate all variables from French version of language file and will be sure they will be shown in the front end of site (JS stream).
If you still get troubles, please update your first post with website FTP access (use that secure form there) and I will investigate what happen.

Regards,
Alin

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

Hi Michal,

First of all I have nothing against you nor your support which is good.

I simply say that for a professional extension we should be able to install it in french, which is one of the main language in this world with spanish, directely without to spend a month to translate it. Look at the JED there is plenty of paid and free extensions that we can install directely in different languages without having to translate anything.

That's all what I was saying.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alin,
I am not sure but I think I found this file, translated the 32 lines, renamed it fr-FR.plg_system_publisheractivity.ini and uploaded it to administrator\language\fr-FR
But at least for - has been approved as an author - there is no change. Please see here or when I am logged in JomSocial: eveil.me/communauté

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alain.

Alin will take a look.

Ah, now I understand what you mean. That some extensions are shipped will many languages pack out-of-the box so you just switch language. You see JomSocial is already a BIG extension with lots of files. We ship extension with base language (English) that is supported and created by us. Other languages - as I already said - are contributed by Community so we can't be responsible for their completeness, quality or lack of issues. We deliver only that what we support.

Also many users don't need 33 language packs (some servers have file number limitations). So I guess it's better to install only what you need instead 32 what you don't. I hope that it explains everything now so Alin can focus on this erratic language constant.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alain,
The issue with the language was that you don't logged all the time in French language in admin. When you log in in English then the plugin will read the English language file that way some streams were translated and other no.
I translated that sentence in the English language too and now you can log in what language you want, the result in front will always be in French language.
Thank you.
Alin

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alin,
Thank you for your reply.
I always log in Joomla admin in french which is the default language. If you look at this JomSocial page there is still plenty of text in english:
www.eveil.me/communaut%C3%A9-eveil

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,
There are still some in English because that streams were already stored in database and can't be changed.
All new one will come only in French.
Thank you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński