Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Still some stuffs to translate in JS, override no works

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

Ehhh... because you search... where it is not!
If you are in French language this part is NOT translated - right?
Thus searching for it in French has no sense - you know you'll not find it as it is not translated.

So you need to go to English overrides first.
Then search certain text.
If you'll find it then just copy constant. Close override, switch to French and create new override this time in French and you use constant then add text.

You may also copy whole "languages" folder and use text search to search for certain text inside all files: www.howtogeek.com/99406/how-to-search-fo...sing-windows-search/

You should also use small piece of text as sometimes text may consist from two or more constants. For example:

Text: has been approved as an author.
may be in fact: has been approved as an (constant one ) | author (constant two).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

I have checked for - has been approved as an author - has been approved as an - author - in english and in french override but no results.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I also downloaded the language file, followed your instruction, searched for - has been approved as an author - has been approved as an - author - but no results at all.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I tried again with the plugin I teach. As you can see the title is translated but there is no change in frontend.

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

PLG_PUBLISHER_HAS_BEEN_APPROVED = "has been approved as an author."
But it may work only for new posts.

As for "I teach" and "No course provided" - please check overrides I just added.

It seems you missed this:

You may also copy whole "languages" folder and use text search to search for certain text inside all files

Why don't you try it?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your light.

I tried this without success: You may also copy whole "languages" folder and use text search to search for certain text inside all files

Still some more issues that don't works with override on www.eveil.me/communaut%C3%A9 :

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alain.

Hmm... I guess, you should b able already to find those constant by yourself... I explained few times how to do it.
I do it the same way all the time...
If you can't find constant in override - check plugin installation package language file.

PLG_ARTICLES_VIEW_ALL_ARTICLES = "See all my articles"

PLG_MEDIA_VIEW_ALL_MEDIA = "View all my media"
PLG_MEDIA_ALL_MEDIA = "All Media"
PLG_MEDIA_PHOTOS = "Photos"
PLG_MEDIA_ALL_VIDEOS = "Videos"
PLG_MEDIA_ALL_AUDIO = "Audio"

PLG_MYCONTACTS_WEBSITE="Website"
PLG_MYCONTACTS_NOTAVAILABLE="n/a"

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I am quite anoyed. I have paid (not cheap) for Professional extensions and I would expect that everything works well in the first time. But instead I had to spend almost 1 month to translate all these extensions and still it doesn't works as it should. On the JED you can find pro and even free extensions that can be installed directely in the available languages without the need to translate everything.

I have tried all the 8 constants you mentionned above in override (english and french site) but nothing works. If you don't believe me try for yourself and if by miracle it works for you please explain to me in details how you did it.

Thank you.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Rockettheme just told me that there is something wrong in my extensions manager: "Empty fields like those should NOT be there so something has happened."

Maybe a reason why override doesn't works in most of the cases ? If yes what can I do ?

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

Overrides works on your site 100%
I just added override for one language constant I provided you in my previous post:

i.imgur.com/Mhsjw6l.png

Issue you mentioned doesn't affect language override feature (it's Joomla! feature - not JomSocials anyway).

You had enabled Joomla! caching on your site thus changes weren’t visible right away (as previous view was cached and displayed in browser). I disabled it and added my override for French language. You can see result.

I understand your frustration abut your words are not fair. I proved few times that overrides works on your site for our extensions. You ware just unable to enter them correctly.

So once again what I did now:

- disabled caching in Joomla! i.imgur.com/Pwd0Ib1.png
- cleared cached sources: i.imgur.com/sKSOdTE.png
- created new override: i.imgur.com/SVvX0fL.png

That's all, no special tricks, no file fiddling.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I am sorry to say that it doesn't works, please see:

And on JomSocial the text "has been approved as an author." is in english again in some case.

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alain.

Because.. you do not CREATE overrides... you just perform a search!
Joomla can't find certain constant?
It's not a big deal. You may always search directly in files... I already mentioned that method.
Just unzip files from JomSocial package or Guru or whatever.
Then search certain text using search engine...

I already found those constants for you. And you instead adding them... searched them again. That has no use.

So use constants I provided to create - not search overrides.

Paste constant name to "Chaîne de traduction *"
Add your translation to "Texte".

Make sure you add it for FRENCH language, frontend. I proved it few times that overrides work.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Still "has been approved as an author." although it's already translated for example here www.eveil.me/communaut%C3%A9-eveil or when I am logged in.

I would have spent more than a month translating 3 PRO extensions. It's like you buy a car and you have to install yourself the weels, the seats, etc... Not really professional. On the JED you can find even free extensions that can be installed directely in available languages, no need to translate anything.

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alain.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.
We provide our extensions in English.
All other localizations are contributed by Community.
What means WE DON'T created those translations. Users share them - we can't guarantee that translation is correct, is done in 100% or quality of translation.

Using your parallel - yes you bought a "car" (Publisher) from us and all "weels", "the seats" etc ware there in certain "colour" (English). You wanted another "color " (French). So acquired (downloaded) "weels", "the seats" in desired "color" but they ware provide by other "car lovers" (Community).

Take a look here, translation is on Transifex: www.transifex.com/ijoomla/publisher/ so everyone could join and do the translation. We moderate it but don't take any responsibility for quality of translation.

Also - during our long conversation - become clear that you're not quite sure how to use Joomla! language override feature. Few times I proved you that overrides works on your site. I did few of them, added printscreens and so on... but still you had issues.

So Alain, with all respect, your words are just un-fair.

Regarding your latest issue with stream translation. I'll ask Publisher developer to take a look.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński