Unable to link video

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I try to post a video link in the status field. Works just fine in Joomla, but not in jomsocial. Every time i try to post a link, i get the same error message in google chrome saying: "Unable to link video".

Is it so that only youtube, and vimei videos allowed in the status field?

The link i try to post is this one: www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98e242e3

It is worling in absolute all social media, but not in joomsocial.

I've tried in a several way, with the same resoult. What to do here to make it work from singsnap too?

There is one more issue here.

When i try to upload a video, it dosen't work. Everything are set up correctly on the server, ffmpeg are set up too. It claems that i have to download the lates adobe flash version 9 or higher, but when i click to download from adobe, nothing happens.

I'm on linux ubuntu 17.10 and every thing works just fine, i don't have problems with adobe flash on singsnap.com only on my site a www.foxcamp.no

Do you have any solution on these two matters?
Regards
Jan Berdal

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You can click on the video in status and post the video URL prntscr.com/ht63fs
The link you are adding needs the adobe flash player.
Have a look on this site : prntscr.com/ht63ow You can see its asking for the adobe flash player to play that video.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Adobe flashplayer are installed, and working. I can post the link as a ststus, but the thumb will not be imported.

I tried this one in google chrome, and Firefox too.. But if i post a youtube video, then everything seems to work just fine. So why can i fetch a youtube video, and not a video from singsnap? They are both flash videos?

Now i tried on a windows 10 pc, with same result.

And if i post the link in an article, in joomla, then it seems to work just fine too. I can upload a video in an article in joomla, and it is playing just as well.

But when i upload a video in jomsocial, then it runs in a converting loop, and never get out of that lopp.
The path to ffmpeg are standard for linux server like usr/bin/ffmpeg, and ffmpeg are installed correctly, as if it was not, i could upload in a joomla article and play.

I also have a phpfox software running on the same server but under a different domain, and upload and converting goes just smooth.

I've tried several things, but i just hang up in the converting process.

So what to do? You maybe should make it possible to embed a video from what ever site people will take it from.

Regards Jan

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Can you post the link of the video?
The link you shared in the first post is the page link that contains other parts as well.
I will replicate it and test.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Here is the link i try to link to jomsocial: www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b86f0b5e3

Today i only get at blank screen, and nothing happens. It won't import the video. If i try the same link in joomla, then it works just nice.

Jomsocial will not import no matter what i do. I can post the link in a status message, but jomsocial wil not import the thumb. Works just fine on Facebook, Twitter.

Direct video upload still dont work. Those video files are still hanging in a converting loop. I have a ticket sent to the data center where i have my server, and asked them to take a look at the configuration. I will get bak to you if we can't make video upload to work.

And a sugestion: It would be fantastic if you could make a karaoke module with sound and video recorder where people could record songs.

Regards Jan

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As you can see on that screen dump, there is something wrong. Do i have to install a flashplayer on the server to make video upload work, konvert, and play?

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
This is the link used on the page u shared
songs.singsnap.com/flash/as3/player13.0i...e&fileExtension=.mp4

It needs the shockwave/flash player to play the video, so if its not on browser or server the video will not play.
Jomsocial play the video but it does not add the player in the URL, this is the issue it does not work, You have to add the video link.
You can see the video link here prntscr.com/htou98

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I hope that you are aware of that adobe flash will be killed during 2018. Google chrome allready blocking for flash, so people can't use camera and microphone,
Yesterday did mozilla upgraded firefox, and there is huge problem. That killed the flash player. That is a hardware acceleration problem.Adobe flash, and pepper flash do no longer work on Linux servers or linux computers, and adobe says that they will stop supporting the flashplayer some time in 2018.

So you have to tell your develpers that in a very short time adobe will no longer work.

So what next? What to do to make it work?

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well my problem have nothing to do with the flashplayer, but an error in the jomsocial software.

As you can see on that print screen, the path the videoplayer try to find does not exist. There is no path on the server like this one.: foxcamp.no/components/com_community/libr.../951/AAAM9la35Qx.flv
Just check it on the attached image of the print screen. As the library "/streamer.php/ can not be added because there is a streamer php file there. And therefor, the video can not be found because the missing libraries "/streamer.php/videos/originalvideos/".

This is a software error, and have nothing to do with adobe flash!

So what are we gonne do? Are you making a patch so that missing libraries error can be fixed?

And just in case you want to see: My site are running in Joomla. And flash videos running just smooth there. Just check the Foxcamp Video Player, click on "play" button, and the video will play. In other words, adobe flash are running!

So please get this error fixed as fast as it is possible. Thank you.

And a happy new year.

Jan

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

www.foxcamp.no/

Check to the left: Foxcamp Video Player. Click play, and it will play!

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
I checked it and Jomsocial supports the standard video player in the link option for video support YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, live lieak and Metacafe.
Sorry but this feature is not for all video players.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry, but this was rediculous! It is not just about the link to other players, but jomsocial does not work with video uploads either. And i can see that i'm not alone here. Lotes of people have the same problem.

After upload the video is pending, but never finish converting. And it seems that you don't even want to answer on my question when i ask why the upload on jomsocial does not work, when it works with Jommla upload with a componen "AllVideoshare"?

There is something totally wrong here, because i know what i'm doing here, and everything is set up properly, but the upload is still pending, and never finish.

And when i check on the server, the videofile was never uploaded, even jomsocial tell you that upload are pending, and awaiting converting..

My cron are working just fine, there is no doubt about that, and when i test the cronjob it comes out with an OK!. I have an other site with phpfox installed, and there is nothing wrong, video upload are just works fine.

So please again, read the thred and read what i've wrote before. Because if we can't get the video upload to work, then your software are not worth as much as a penny!

So the questin still is. Why does video upload not work in jomsocial?

Jan

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
your question is not ignored or replied, I only share the supported type of video with you.
Jomsocial has the link video option now prntscr.com/huzobk
Upload the video to the server or any youtube/vimeo and share video link in the linked video. I am not sure how you are adding video to your own server.
Kindly share the details screenshot of the issue, also video link is present in the new version of Josmcoial, Kindly edit the first post and submit site super user details for staff. It seems you are using outdated jomsocial version as its only link video option is available.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Okay, one more time.

When i directly upload a video file via jomsocial, the it will be trapped in a pending conversion, and will never load, but just pending.

If i upload the same file til Joomla with the component jvideoshare, that will work as you see here!

foxcamp.no/video/yb

I have the latest ffmpeg version installed on my server, and cronjob working 100% When i upload the same video with jomsocial, then the video are just pending, nothing more happens. It just pending.

I'm not a newbe here, so i still say it is your software fails here. And i can see that lots of people who have the same problem. I've allready send you screendump of that error message in the videoplayer, but you never ansvered on that one either. Here is a new attachment of the error message.

I also have 6 cronjobs running on my server, and i don't have any problem with them. So this problem are not related to cronjob, and not related to ffmpeg. It have to be a software error.

So please check the link included here, and check the print screen image attached.

Jan

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński