Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Unable to link video

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jan.

In JomSocial you can link videos in three ways:

- by pasting link to a provider

Only limited number of providers are supported, only those that provide API for their services so e.g Vime or You tube. It won't work for non supported provider... and your link www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b98e242e3 is not supported.

- by uploading file

You need to have FFMPEG installed on your server and configured cron job. Without cron job video will pending and won't be converted. FFMPEG also should be in one of latest versions. Conversion won't work with outdated FFMPEG library. trying to plau unconverted video will result with error you experience.

- you may just pas link to the video and embed.ly will fetch it like this: prntscr.com/hv128u
But note that it won't be played on stream.

The same way it works on FB, if you just paste URL it won't be played on stream.

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

Then I could investigate this directly on your site and check how conversion works with test files in specific formats.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

This just not true!

Lat me tell you for the 10th time.

The latest ffmpeg are installed and configured on the server!
Cronjob are setup and running correctly!

Both ffmpeg, and cron woks just fine when i upload to my joomla site.

The same is the case on my other domain where i have a social software phpfox. That software needs the same setup as jomsocial with a working ffmpeg, and cronjob. Everything there works just fine, on the same server.

So if upload of a video works in joomla, and upload of a video works in phpfox, why does it not work in jomsocial?

Regarding giving out admin and server info is not an option for me, as i will never do that, no matter what.

I'm a webmaster, and have been a webmaster for 20 years, i know what i'm doing.

So the case still is: Video upload, and converting works fine in joomla, it works fin in phpfox, but it is not the case when it comes to jomsocial.

I even sent you a link to a video uploaded in joomla so you could se it is working.

So what to do, when people can't make it work, as i'm not the only one. And i'm on a dedicated server.

Jan

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jan.

Joomla! do not have upload and video converting feature. You have to use 3rd party... so I'm not sure what are you talk about.
You provided a link www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98e242e3
Saying:

The link i try to post is this one

So I explained why you can't link it using video linking feature - it's not supported.

As for uploading video I don't know what file you're trying to upload and what are your settings. I can't even try myself.

Please, read our Support Policy here: www.jomsocial.com/privacy-policy - especially a Disclaimer under main table.

We can't help you in blind... it's just like you came to car mechanic, said that you can't drive your car faster than 40 km/h... but you not allow to check the engine. What car mechanic will do?

I provided you the way you can safely pass us your site credentials. Don't won't to do that for your live site? Do a copy. Then you could delete it or change credentials. Look around our forum - we do ask users for credentials.

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OMG! I'm not the only one having this problem with your software.

Why it is so problematic to understand that video upload with jomsocial do not work?

It works with all other software?

I will not give you acces to my cpanel, or admin acces to my domains, as there are lots of private things i don't want to be compromized. That's common sence in a mad world we all live in.

I tried several things today. Installed the software "Dolphin". That one uses ffmpeg, and more than one cronjob. It is working just fine.

So again: Why does jomsocial not work with video upload, when all other software do work?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jan.

Yes, not only you reported such an issue in past... but in all cases it happen to be misconfiguration, lack of FFMPEG (or outdated version) etc. No one was related with software fault. You may search our forum...

JomSocial video upload works - what was proven many times.
The case is: it doesn't work on your site... for some reason.
What reason exactly? I DON'T KNOW, how could I? I don't even know your site url. Not saying that I can't even try upload file myself.

Our declaimer says:

Please, note that in some cases we may ask you to provide your site backend access credentials, in order to further investigate reported issue and provide possible fix. We do understand that your site may contain sensitive and confidential user data or you're obligated to not share access with anyone (due to personal data protection policy). Nevertheless lack of access may decrease level of support as without it, issue can't be properly examined thus no reliable support can be provided.

So not providing your site access you've reached threshold of reliable support. Please, consider alternative options like site copy cleared of sensitive data.

Without site access the only thing I could do is foretell... and you may choose cards or crystal ball :)

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Not that's enough! I can see that you don'r even care to read. I have provided the website twice!

I will not be treated like a 4 year old. You've got your money, and that's makes you happy.

I've deleted your software, and installed it again via filemanager in cpanel, so everything should be right, and on right place.

But. the libraries www.foxcamp.no/components/com_community/.../originalvideos/951/ does not exist at all.

I have a library in the root where jooma are installed with the name "videos" In that library i now have found the libraries videos, and oldvideos, and the libraries in videos/951 and originavideos/951. your sofware installed these libraries on the wrong path, and can't finde them, because it is looking for them on a wrong location.

In this case there is a software fault becase jomsocial looking for thise 3 libraries in components/com_communities/libraries/

But when it is to find on wrong location, it is in www.foxcamp.no/videos/videos/951/ (here is a library "thumbs" to find too.)
And: http://www. foxcamp.no/videos/originalvideos/951/ here i can see the video file i've uploaded. But the library "thumbs" are empty, because ffmpeg does not know where to put it, as the path in the software are not correct, and everything goes wrong.

Does this error comes because i allready have one library in joomla with the name videos? If maybe yes, then you should reconfigure your software to not contain a library name "videos", but rather call it "jvideos"??

I will try to reconfigure allvideoshare in joomla with a new library not called videos, and see if that will resolve the problem, but that too will take some time, as there is lots of things i have to move.

I'll be back to tell you!

Jan

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jan.

You do not install JomSocial via any file manager in cPanel. JomSocial is a Joomla! extension so it MUST be installed via Joomla! installer. There is NO other option.

ROOT/components/com_community/libraries is not a place to have any video folders. Those should be created in ROOT/images.
But I can't guarantee that JomSocial will work correctly as you "installed it again via filemanager in cpanel". That is not correct way to install JomSocial.

Folders you mentioned are NOT libraries folders but folders that store videos. They should be created in ROOT/images e.g ROOT/images/videos/899.

Path in software are correct. Dozens of users use videos everyday... from what you write I presume that you didn't installed JomSocial correctly.

You should unzip UNZIP-FIRST-JomSocial Professional.zip
Then browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Manage -> Install.
Choose zip file com_community_professional.4.5.zip and wait for that screen: prntscr.com/hvag90
Then click on button and wait few seconds.
You'll get confirmation that JS is installed. prntscr.com/hvahc8

After that you need to have set up cron job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
And set a correct path to FFMPEG on your server in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Videos -> Video configuration: prntscr.com/hvahli

This documentation should also help:

documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Video_Galleries
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Video_L..._Upload_Requirements

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Okay then.

Now i've configured the video to be in the root: images/

I tried to upload one flv file. It was pending again. But now the software created the libraries videos/originalvideos/951/

I can see the videofile BzthexhoiKk.flv But still can't play, i get just the same error as always.

Now ffmpeg is version N-77162-g5b0da69-syslint installed and configured. ffmpeg are updated every time cpanel gets an update. So it is just good, and working the path is: usr/local/bin/ffmpeg it is configured in the admin video setup.
same goes for flv2tool too.

Cron = /usr/bin/wget www.foxcamp.no/components/com_community/cronjob.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Works just fine, and when i remove the ">/dev/null 2>&1" then i get mail and cron says OK

--2018-01-03 01:32:01-- www.foxcamp.no/components/com_community/cronjob.php
Resolving www.foxcamp.no ( www.foxcamp.no )... 80.86.92.62
Connecting to www.foxcamp.no ( www.foxcamp.no )|80.86.92.62|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘cronjob.php.4307’

0K 1.60M=0s

2018-01-03 01:32:01 (1.60 MB/s) - ‘cronjob.php.4307’ saved [17]

I've installed jomsocial via joomla, still same problem. I even cleared the computer cache too.

Still don't work!

Now i will install a fresh versin of joomla and jomsocial in an other domain. If it stil don't work, you can have the accesss to that domain and admin login to the back end.

But is it secure enough to send it here?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jan.

Yes, then I need to take a look myself.
Yes, it's secure to provide it here.
Please:

1. Edit your first post.

Credentials are attached only to this thread and visible only for you and me.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi again. Now i did everything i could to make videupload to work. Still don't work. It seems that the sofware can't get the thump for video. Having same issues on my wall when i post an external videlink. I get the message, can't import thumb.

That is really a bad thing.

Please take a look on the site, and if you finde the problem, and a fix, then please be spesific and tell me all about it, as i need this to work as fast as it is possible. I've deleted the cronjob on the server.

I provided you with the info you need to log on!

Thanks
Jan

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
>>>. I've deleted the cronjob on the server.

If you deleted the cron how the video upload and conversion will work?
Kindly edit the first post and add the cpanel details as well and let me know with a reply. So that we can check and add the cron again and will upload a test video for you as well.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I did edited the first post and have given you the log in details to cpanel and admin panel in joomla. Please go back to the first post and chek.
Jan

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The issue is fixed on your site.
The problem is on your server wrong path was added.
Correct path is : /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
You can upload the video and check.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well, i tried to upload, but still same problem. The video is pending but not converting, and i get no mail.

Jan

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński