Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

permissions

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

I logged in as this user, browse to privacy settings - didn't change anything and just clicked save.
Then user is not visible anymore...
And cache is disabled.
So not the cache... not settings... I'll need to take a look into your site database.
I installed JomSocial 4.5 so you'll need to apply the patch for photo thumbnails.
It seems to be your site specific issue...
Is there aby other user with the same issue?

And please, edit your first post and provide PHPmyAdmin credentials so I could inspect your site database.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I agree we need further investigation
I will provide credentials to the database a little later
If you could send the patch files, or kindly apply them for me, I would be grateful
So, looks like I will have to check every user manually, To ensure this issues is not present in any other profile
By the way, how did you make it so the test user when viewing in guest view is redirected to login page, that's cool and would be cool as option for user to select if the user doesn't want to appear in search results for example.
Thanks for your help
I really appreciate it

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

Okay, patch is here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/379...w-chat-module#183396
I didn't change any settings (just upgraded JomSocial to 4.5 and disabled jch_optimization plugin)
When I try to reach test user I see this: prntscr.com/hnrjc5
I'm not redirected.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

seems could have been a mix between jch optimize and test package
Can't say which of course because you would only know that after investigating further, of course we will create more profiles and see what the results are.
But as far as I can see, maybe simply updating to 4.5 did the trick.
I have re enabled JCH optimize because without it my site is much slower.
Maybe you could suggest another optimization plugin?
Thanks

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

I'm not a great fan of any optimization plugins :) I do optimization when I build the site using as less extensions a possible.
You may enable gzip on your server... optimization like js files combine or caching always cause issues...

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Just seen a new member sign up, this time using facebook, what are the default permissions, are they the same as for other members that sign up without using facebook? because this new member's profile can be seen without user logging in.
What would you suggest?

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

same exact issue, I logged in as user saved changes in privacy that were already set to friends and it solved the issue.
I would like to know, at moment of registration on the site why user privacy is not respected as set to friends only, what would you suggest we do?
Thank you for your attention and help in this matter.
The JCH optimizer doesn't seem to be the issue, because I tried disabling that to see if it solved the issue before saving in user's profile

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

Settings are exactly the same...
That's odd...
I assign developer to investigate this issue further.

JCH was disabled only to not cache the site - it's not source f the issue.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

could I get an update please, I see that someone logged into site recently and created a test user
Has the issue been resolved, I would also like to know what caused it
Thank you :-)

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

Just saw update from developer.
Issue seems to be caused by Membership Pro extension.
Please, do a simple test - Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> manage and search Membership Pro. Then temporary disable all related extensions.
Finally check with new user - permissions will be kept.
Please, check if you can confirm that scenario.
So as this is caused by 3rd party extension - you'll need to report this issue to them. If they will need help from our side - we'll be happy to cooperate.
They should contact us directly to not bother you.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Not sure how to respond to this yet, but I do know that the site was working smoothly with membership pro before the jomsocial update.
If you could provide a work around until I find another component I would really appreciate it.
Also, could you tell me how membership pro is interfering with permissions exactly
Thanks

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

Membership Pro is overtaking registration in your system and also grants access to JomSocial.
I don't know how it influences JS but test clearly show it do.
MP offers integration with JomSocial so it may be that it's not compatible with latest version.
That's why you need to report this issue to their developers.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

So, jomsocial is saying "tell the MP developer to change something" not sure what just "something" ?
What do I tell the developer and should the MP pro charge me again for the privilege?
Not being funny, but in every way I look at this I see, permissions issue in Jomsocial, even though jomsocial dictated permissions to joomla.
Even though I will try to communicate this issue to the developer of the membership pro plugin component. I will also suggest another little solution that could work as a temporary workaround maybe.
Force field plugin checks that jomsocial "joomla" users have filled in all required fields, could we adapt that plugin to also update user permissions so when they save those fields, the permissions are also updated too?

If all suggestions and reaching out fails, then maybe you could suggest another subscription payment solution that fully works with Jomsocial?
Thanks
Failing that I will chuck everything out of the highest tower block I can find to see if it all bounces!
If it doesn't, I am just going to blame it on permissions of the pavement block! ufffaaa!

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lee.

:) I just ask to ask MP developers to check this on their side.
We know symptoms, we know that it take place somewhere in between MP and JS.
You don't need to know the details except how this could be replicated by MP devs and it do not appear if MP is disabled.
In best scenario they should not bother you anymore but just contact us directly.
Then we could cooperate to fix it for the benefit of our common customer - YOU.

So, please, contact them, provide replication steps, mention about our tests and ask to contact me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we could together solve this issue. Ad maiorem Joomla! gloriam :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński