Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't delete group discussion

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: I can't delete group discussions

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. I'm logged in as administrator, go to a group, discussions and click on "delete" button.
2. I see a message asking if I'm sure I want to delete that group discussion and I click "yes".
3. I go back to group main page and I still see the discussion I deleted. I tried to delete the same discussions many times and the result is always the same.
4. I went to the database and was able to delete the discussions there, but I want to be able to do it at the website front end.
RESULT: Deleted discussions aren't deleted.
EXPECTED RESULT: Deleted discussions really deleted.
BROWSER: Chrome, Firefox.

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Stephen.

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry to hear that you have issues using our extension.
I tested this issue on your site and I was able to replicate.
After discussion was create it seems that it can't be deleted :(
I assign developer to this thread for further investigation.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks, Michal. This function is really important. :)

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue not from jomsocial. but ARTIO made joomla route not valid.
as you can see the group detail URL:
www.sitedomain.com/friends/groups/genera...ant-to-learn-english
the valid joomla route URL must:
www.sitedomain.com/peppyclub/groups/gene...ant-to-learn-english

please try to turn off all ARTIO JoomSEF plugins, after that you can delete the group discussion.

so far only this issue spotted because of ARTIO JoomSEF plugins.

please asking ARTIO JoomSEF about this issue. why the URL not same with joomla route.

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for your answer. I installed Artio JoomSEF to fix a previous issue with Jomsocial, as you can see in this forum: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/312...tab-which-is-clicked .

If I disable JoomSEF my community will become a mess. I've tried before and it didn't solve any of the problems I had in the past. The "friends" folder was the one taking place of the home Jomsocial since I first installed it and I never understood why. Before JoomSEF, all Jomsocial pages were pointing to "friends" and redirecting to a random user profile. If I turn off JoomSEF this issue will happen again. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue was very clear. the fix need to be done at JoomSEF side.
please asking JoomSEF support regarding this issue.

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks, Albertus. I'll do that. But first I need to understand why Jomsocial always treated "friends" as its main page since installation even before the installation of JoomSEF. I really need to understand this first issue before contacting the other tech support. JoomSEF didn't create the www.sitedomain.com/friends issue. This came with Jomsocial in the first place. I need to understand why and where in Jomsocial installation files my community name is defined. It is clear that somewhere in the component my community is defined as "friends" and not as "peppyclub", as it shoud be. Thanks.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

jomsocial not always treated "friends" as main page. but JoomSEF did it self.
if you turn off JoomSEF. SEF URL will using joomla routing. and it will follow "peppyclub" as main page.
jomsocial running under joomla, so jomsocial cant control what URL look like.

the issue is, why JoomSEF always treated "friends" as main page for group?

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK, Albertus. I disabled JooSEF as you insisted and the result is recorded in the attached video screen shot. Please take a look and explain me what's happening. Thanks.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus, did you get my last message with screencapture?

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

yes, I got your message. But I was need to sleep :)
now I just woke up, and still looking for this issue.
please give me time

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. I did this:

I disabled Reset SEF Base for make sure no any 3rd party extensions for SEF.

now you can see peppyclub at main page for all jomsocial pages. and able to delete dicusssion:

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

I went to my website as soon as I received your reply and unfortunately the issue is not resolved, as you can see in the video screenshot I just recorded: screencast.com/t/sjsduSSdQ0

Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński