Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

All group wall posts are deleted

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

It turns out that all our group posts are deleted. We can only see one, and that is the most recent from one hour ago. Is there any function that automatically delete these other posts (even from earlier today)?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

We have checked the database, and all the group wall posts are deleted from the database except those written less that 5 hours ago :(

How could this happen? We have have 9999999 as "Maximum Days of Unarchived Activities".

Posts on our own personal walls have not been deleted. Only these in the groups.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

there no archived activities at your database.
and jomsocial doesn't have any code to delete activities in automatically. only users who having authority that can trigger it for each items at activities.

for archived activities, jomsocial not delete it but only put new status parameter at activities database records.

from monitor > activities the oldest date is 2015-11-18.

I checked at group activities, seem there is an issue related with 3rd party extension, so oldest activities not loaded.

could you please provide me:
FTP and database manager/cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail?

I need it for debugging purpose. please edit your first post at this topic. and put it at site info form (private)

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Please use the same login you got for this issue: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...and-languages#161897

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sorry, that topic only containing joomla super user login detail.
please provide credentials information that I need at this topic.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

The first post has now been edited

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please give me time for this issue. this is complicated issue.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Albertus wrote: Hi,

there no archived activities at your database.
and jomsocial doesn't have any code to delete activities in automatically. only users who having authority that can trigger it for each items at activities.

for archived activities, jomsocial not delete it but only put new status parameter at activities database records.

from monitor > activities the oldest date is 2015-11-18.

Yes, there are activities back to November last year. But all the group posts was deleted yesterday. We did also check to see that they had not been archived. You see, this happened to us last year on a different installation. We did not understand why all the group posts disappeared then, but thought maybe that it had been the "Maximum Days of Unarchived Activities" that had to be changed.

We are in a very difficult situation now where all these posts is gone, but also we are going national with a launch on Wednesday, and now we have very little content, and are not sure if this will happen again either.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

We have now modified the community_activities and manually added most of the deleted posts from a backup of the database. But we need to find out why this happened, so that we can prevent it happening again.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I cannot access site backend, got this:

please unblock me. and here my IP: 180.254.235.176 (maybe needed)

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi guys.

We have discovered what cause the deletion of all the recent wall posts.

The first time all the wall posts were deleted. Since you said there were no code in jomsocial to delete wall posts, we turned on the firewall to prevent SQL injections, if that was what caused this. We have tried everything the last month, but not understood why our wall posts on our LIVE site were deleted. This has caused us huge pain, and the users have been very frustraited because all of their posts have been gone. When we then have restored from a backup, all of the day's work have always been lost.

Since we have many admins working on many things, we have not seen the real reason until now for an hour ago:

It is probably when you chose PREVIEW in the Email Digest function that the solution DELETES ALL GROUP.WALL POSTS in the time frame you specify there!!!!!

If not, it is then the cron job for the email digest that does it.

So now when we wanted all our users that had not logged in for 30 days to come back to our site, it did actually delete all the wall posts for the last 30 days before sending out the email digest...

Since we have not actually sent the email digest earlier, I believe it is the preview function that causes this!

Can you please have a look at your code and get back to us?

The good thing in all of this is that we found what has causing this headache. We have felt very uncomfortable not knowing when this would happen again.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

email digest not having any delete code, email digest only read the database data.
I need to replicate this issue at your site, could you please let me know the steps to replicate this issue again?

only stream item owner and site admin that delete the stream items. but must do it manually.
there is no mass delete or automatic delete at jomsocial.

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

The following has happened all these times:
We have
1) entered the email digest section
2) clicked on the preview function, selecting a person, and then tried to see the results for different number of days
3) (only the last time, we did actually send the digest)
4) all group.wall.posts within that timeframe has been deleted from the database.

When checking the table, all the group.wall posts have actually been deleted in the community_activities table, but all other items have been kept, like posts on your own wall.

So the bug is in the email digest function!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please give me time for this issue. because I not able to find any delete function at DIGEST

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński