Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

All group wall posts are deleted

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

can I donwload your site by using Akeeba?
I dont want changing anything at your live site.

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Yes you can

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

could you please elaborate more in steps, what exactly steps that you did regarding this issue?
I need to replicate the issue at local site copy.

I tried it but still cant replicate.

Regards

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

We're sorry to say that it happened again Thursday last week. Then all group wall posts were deleted again.

This time it was every group wall post, not only for the last month.

And it happened without any of us visiting the Email Digest function...

:(

The only way for us to fix the situation when this happens, is to 1) save the current community_activities table, 2) restore the same table from the last backup, and 3) merge the two tables. In that way we recover all historical content of the groups, and also all the latest activity listings, except from all the group wall posts that have been posted since the last backup.

We have to find what is causing this, because now we will have a big launch on Thursday this week. We cannot risk this happening again then.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

this is mysterious issue.
only this topic got this issue.
if bug, it must many customer reported this issue.

so my assumsion this is 3rd party extensions related. but I still cant find it, from where this issue come from.
I still struggling to find it :(

could you please check at server side. is there any auto "restoring" at your server? maybe you can asking your hosting support.

Regards

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

There is no auto-restore. We can restore from a backup, but then all the latest posts and members are deleted.

Now it happened again!!!!

There are no wall posts again...

This is killing us!

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Andre,

This issue really tricky, please you try to disable the archived function on cron job, open this file components/com_community/libraries/cron.php and remove or comment this code :

$this->_archiveActivities();

I hope it wil help

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Now it happened again. All group wall posts are deleted.

We had not done this change, and will do it now.

But I do not see that it can help, since
1) it is only the group wall posts
2) they are simply deleted, and none of them get the status "Archived".

what else can cause this?

:(

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andre,

this is really weird, since we dont have feature to delete the stream we only have to archived the streams.

Anyway, how can I test it? and how long the group stream will be deleted?

I created my own group and some post there, and I will check after days later,
here is my group shapingtheodds.com/community/groups/viewgroup/42-test-group I set it private and be hidden, so no-one can see it except admin

thank you

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

I am very concerned that after 3 months with this hell-like condition, you do not seem ut understand what the problem is.

There is no reason for you to create a new group.

What happens is that when this error randomly occurs, it delete ALL WALL POSTS - in all groups!

Around the time when you did actually create that group, it happened again! This is two days in a row now, worse than ever!

The best way of seeing that is by entering:

shapingtheodds.com/community/groups/viewgroup/34-shaping-news

When the error occurs, all posts are gone. The same are all wall posts in all other groups.

But it is only the wall posts, so if you have shared a picture or a video, it still shows up. So sometimes we do not see that it has happened before it has been a long time.

Also all wall posts that were not posted in groups are fine, so they still show up on the wall.

And then it is even more difficult for us to reconstruct the _community_activities table by combining what we had in our last backup, and what has been added or changed after the deletion occurred.

You say there is no code to actually delete these activities, just archive them. But in the admin section, you can delete some or all of the activities, right? So there must be some code that makes this happen. And I can not understand that any 3rd party what so ever would have any code to delete all wall posts either.

It will take us a while to fix this again, so please have a look that the url above so that you see what happens.

We did comment out $this->_archiveActivities(); yesterday, so that was obviously not the problem.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andre,

Yes we have deleted stream but need admin to to this manually, this issue maybe generated automatically..

It can be caused by 3rd party conflict but not sure from what plugin,well.. would you mind provide me SSH access? I will try to track the code which triggered this issue.

anyway this issue only happens on your site, no-one of our customers complaint the same things :)

wait your feedback then..

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

SSH-server: host1.onemobiletool.com
Username: REMOVED
Password: REMOVED

I now created a bu_community_activities2 to restore the last backup.

We did also modify the cron.php to deactivate _archiveActivities(), even though we do not think that is cause this issue.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Your SSH access is not working, maybe I need privatekey for it ? or please check again your SSH account..

anyway I removed your private info on this public post, I moved to first post private info, so please you update on there for next time www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/33738-all...-deleted/edit/162947

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

I had pasted the correct password, but it seemed that your forum software removed two characters (a dollarsign, followed by a 9) in the middle of the password. I've changed the SSH password temporarily, and added this to the private info section. Please try this now.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński