Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Uploading a photo to a group does not generate a notification

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

Thank you for the update. Can you tell me what this modification is doing and will it be incorporated into the next JomSocial release?

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

there is an issue with that users. I need to have a look at your database, but I dont have any access.
could you please send it to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

that modification for ignoring all users notification settings. so all notification will be sent to any users.
this modification will not include at next release.

Regards

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

The database is over 750mb in size. Will you email account accept it?

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sure. please sent me the account detail to my email.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have emailed you a link to a dropbox file containing the database.

Albertus wrote: Hi,

sure. please sent me the account detail to my email.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I spotted strange database record for user params, but only for certain users, not all users:

not sure why can be like that. the params must only single line
{"notifyEmailSystem":"1","privacyProfileView":"10","privacyPhotoView":"10","privacyFriendsView":"10","privacyGroupsView":"10","privacyVideoView":"10","notifyEmailMessage":1,"notifyEmailApps":1,"notifyWallComment":0,"notif_groups_notify_admin":"1","etype_groups_notify_admin":"1","notif_user_profile_delete":"1","etype_user_profile_delete":"1","notif_system_reports_threshold":"1","etype_system_reports_threshold":"1","notif_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","etype_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","notif_profile_status_update":"1","etype_profile_status_update":"1","notif_profile_like":"1","etype_profile_like":"1","notif_profile_stream_like":"1","etype_profile_stream_like":"1","notif_friends_request_connection":"1","etype_friends_request_connection":"1","notif_friends_create_connection":"1","etype_friends_create_connection":"1","notif_inbox_create_message":"1","etype_inbox_create_message":"1","notif_groups_invite":"1","etype_groups_invite":"1","notif_groups_discussion_reply":"1","etype_groups_discussion_reply":"1","notif_groups_wall_create":"1","etype_groups_wall_create":"1","notif_groups_create_discussion":"1","etype_groups_create_discussion":"1","notif_groups_create_news":"1","etype_groups_create_news":"1","notif_groups_create_album":"1","etype_groups_create_album":"1","notif_groups_create_video":"1","etype_groups_create_video":"1","notif_groups_create_event":"1","etype_groups_create_event":"1","notif_groups_sendmail":"1","etype_groups_sendmail":"1","notif_groups_member_approved":"1","etype_groups_member_approved":"1","notif_groups_member_join":"1","etype_groups_member_join":"1","notif_groups_notify_creator":"1","etype_groups_notify_creator":"1","notif_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","etype_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","notif_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_events_notify_admin":"1","etype_events_notify_admin":"1","notif_events_invite":"1","etype_events_invite":"1","notif_events_invitation_approved":"1","etype_events_invitation_approved":"1","notif_events_sendmail":"1","etype_events_sendmail":"1","notif_event_notify_creator":"1","etype_event_notify_creator":"1","notif_event_join_request":"1","etype_event_join_request":"1","notif_events_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_events_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_events_wall_create":"1","etype_events_wall_create":"1","notif_videos_submit_wall":"1","etype_videos_submit_wall":"1","notif_videos_reply_wall":"1","etype_videos_reply_wall":"1","notif_videos_tagging":"1","etype_videos_tagging":"1","notif_videos_like":"1","etype_videos_like":"1","notif_videos_convert_success":"1","etype_videos_convert_success":"1","notif_photos_submit_wall":"1","etype_photos_submit_wall":"1","notif_photos_reply_wall":"1","etype_photos_reply_wall":"1","notif_photos_tagging":"1","etype_photos_tagging":"1","notif_photos_like":"1","etype_photos_like":"1","notif_system_messaging":"1","etype_system_messaging":"1","postFacebookStatus":1,"group_activity_1":"29","group_activity_2":"28","daylightsavingoffset":"0","group_activity_3":"28","lastnotificationlist":"2016-05-04 23:49:23","group_activity_4":"31","group_activity_5":"79","group_activity_7":"87","group_activity_8":"59","group_activity_10":"84","group_activity_9":"59","group_activity_12":"76","group_ac........

Do you ever made any changes or else?

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

We have never made changes directly to the database.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

for temporary, please keep using my fix.
I need more time to investigating this issue.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok. Also is it possible to have the notification text indicate that a 'photo has been uploaded to the group' rather than 'a post has been made'?

Thank You.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

please open new topic for that customize.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sorry, could you please upgrade it to 4.2.1?
I made a test using that version at my test site, there is no issue with this.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

Which part of the issue are you referring to; the lack of notifications, or the actual text of the subject and notification message?

Also, we have this modified file ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/27715-upl...?limitstart=0#152431 ) is that now part of the core code or do I need to update it each time?

Albertus wrote: Hi,

sorry, could you please upgrade it to 4.2.1?
I made a test using that version at my test site, there is no issue with this.

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I mean for notifications. I downloaded your database and make a test with jomsocial latest version (4.2.1). the issue not exist any more.
and I just made a test at your site. and not able to reproduce the issue. please confirm if the issue has been fixed.

because your site has been updated to 4.2.1

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

The issue of notifications not being sent seems to have been fixed. We do have another open ticket for the modification of the subject and text of those modifications. ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/33553-cha...-photo-video-uploads )

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński