Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Change subject/message text for group photo/video uploads

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: When a member of a group uploads a photo or a video an email notification is sent out to the group members. The subject of the message and text of the message specify that a post has been made. The subject and message should specify that a photo or video has been uploaded instead.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Upload a photo or video to a group
2 Receive a notification
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please edit:
/components/com_community/controllers/system.php at line 1564, you will find language string:
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_WALL_POST_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT
changing it to
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_PHOTO_POST_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT
and at line 1786, changing it to
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_VIDEO_POST_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT

after that, at joomla backend > extensions > languages > overrides, please create new for
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_PHOTO_POST_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT = {actor} posted new photo(s) in the {group} group
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_VIDEO_POST_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT = {actor} posted new video(s) in the {group} group

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

Those lines of code are not at the locations you specified in system.php.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

not sure why system.php at your site not same with jomsocial original version.
I bakup your system.php to system-BAK3.php, and upload jomsocial original version.

after uploaded I put the changes. but at next jomsocial update, you need to re-apply this email subject changes

FYI:
if you replying on this topic. please set ticket status to pending support instead of pending customer

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

Our system.php file was different because you provided an edit in this ticket ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/27715-upl...-notification#152431 ). We had asked if the modifications in that edited file had been incorporated into the jomsocial core, but we never received a clear answer.

Do we still need to create the language overrides?

Thank You.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please do not applying any previous fixes into next jomsocial release. that ticket for 4 month ago and only suitable for jomsocial 4.1.7

about jomsocial core files changes, please read this:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template
all changes at files OUTSIDE /components/com_community/templates/ will be disappear at upgrade process.

so this subject changes will be disappear at upgrade process. and you need to re-apply again. no other way.

you no need to do anything for this topic. I already made the changes for you and create new language overrides. :-)

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Is this modified system.php file still compatible with JS 4.2.2?

Albertus wrote: Hi,

please do not applying any previous fixes into next jomsocial release. that ticket for 4 month ago and only suitable for jomsocial 4.1.7

about jomsocial core files changes, please read this:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template
all changes at files OUTSIDE /components/com_community/templates/ will be disappear at upgrade process.

so this subject changes will be disappear at upgrade process. and you need to re-apply again. no other way.

you no need to do anything for this topic. I already made the changes for you and create new language overrides. :-)

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

at my prev post. I posted the step to this changes.
please edit that file and find the code that I mentioned.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński