Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Spanish Translation Wont Work

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I have spanish es-ES as default language. Jomsocial do not changes to spanish. All other components change. I have installed latest version of jomsocial and the spanish translation to 8/4/2017. There is no way I can just make the spanish language work on jomsocial. Even if I copy the spanish transaltion file contents (the .ini file) on es-ES and paste it on the en-EN file which is the one working, then jomsocial crashes with no translations, only constants.

Sorry for requesting this type of support, i tryed hard men, a lot, but can´t. Please help.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Luis.

Thank you for contacting us.
You're probably experiencing this issue: www.jomsocial.com/blog/j37-translations
Please, check this blog post for solution.
You may also enable language debug in Backend -> System -> Global configuration -> System to check what is wrong with your language file.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So far in the Jomsocial translation file I have found instances of:

href=\\"_QQ_"%2$s\\"_QQ_"

That should be:

href=\"%2$s\"

In order to make the translation file work. I´m working on this fix. Will keep you posted.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Luis.

Yes, just apply fix suggested in the blog post.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, is not that easy. Some of this instances need to be fixed, some of them can stay. And they are very scattered in the text. I believe I have it but this will take me a couple of days. Thank you!

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Couple of days? C'mon, just need to use "find'n'replace" with text editor. Less than 5 minutes. :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński