Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Multilanguare (ru/en) translation

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have the same problem. plus, the form of authorization JomSocial, without translation.

Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Privet rebyata!

Guys, this issue was quite well explained on our blog: www.jomsocial.com/blog/j37-translations
Joomla! changes the way translations are parsed. So all outdated language files will cause issues.
You also must know that we provide JomSocial in English by default. All other localizations are contributed by Community.

The way you may fix the issue is also explained in our blog.

Joomla! language debug helps a lot. Just enable it and inspect notification on page bottom.

Just like on Alex's site, issues are discovered in certain lines. You need to fix them. Check if issue mentioned on blog apply or lines are not closed.

I recall that I was helping to fix that issue on our chat. But conversation was private thus I can't share it here. Nevertheless, just follow my instructions and you'll get this done.

EDIT:

In spare time I'll check Russian translation on Transifex, will try to find the issue and fix it at the core.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hello, privet, zdravo, cześć!

Guys, this issue didn't get me peace at night :) So I had to dig deeper to the bottom of this. Now I got a full picture.

Here is the bad part :(

The root cause was in our source language file. 12 lines contains unescaped quotation marks.
When file was on Transifex those quotation marks ware replaced by _QQ_ but when translator translated it... Transifex added additional _QQ_.
So as a result instead one _QQ_ that stands for " we had a long string of _QQ_"_QQ_"_QQ_".
This inevitably lead to crush of Joomla! language parser when meet this line.
So as a result you experienced partially translated frontend.

Transifex also had own issues as their result INI files wasn't valid ini files... thus, as we expalined on our blog, some adjustment of language files have to be done.

And now the good part :)

Finding the root cause I fixed it in our source language file and fixed on Transifex. It removed those 12 infected lines, so they are untranslated right now. Source file is clean and we walked around Transiffex issue. Did some test on my native language and all works fine :)

So now I'll contact Translators and ask to translate those lines (or even petter finish whole translation).

Also you may fix it on your own. Just download your language package from here: www.jomsocial.com/translations
Yes, yes, I fixed Translation download page as well :D

Issue applied to those lines:

They need to be translated like this:

COM_COMMUNITY_GROUP_EVENT_HOSTED_BY="Event for <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a> hosted by <a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%4$s</a>"

General rule: _QQQ_ stands for ". If quotation mark appear in the middle - it will break language file.

So I'm really sorry rebyata that it took a while and it get you so many frustration. I'm in charge of translations now and such a set back shouldn't happen ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Goran
6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK, I deleted the errors, debugging says that there are no missing lines in the translation, but still half of the site is in English!
yadi.sk/i/M256co103Mrzgt
when debugging errors in language files is not present
variables in language files exist and are denoted, that is, if the site instead of translation is "COM_COMMUNITY_JOIN_US_NOW", then in the file it is equal to "Register"
yadi.sk/i/VwRnyP_s3Ms7Xw
I'm working with Joomla from version 1.5, installing many components, everything was in order with the translation, but now I'm at a dead end with joomsocial.
My customer asks a fair question "I pay money fot what? if after renewal of the license for Joomtsocial I can't take the help of helpdesk? ." I come to the conclusion that it's easier to buy a license once and try to solve your problems yourself. or even put components without a license, than pay money.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Privet Alex.

It's because you use outdated file with errors. Due those errors it's not loaded on your site:
prntscr.com/gl1sab

I downloaded new package that was published after my fixes on Transifex: www.jomsocial.com/translations/translations/ru-RU

Installed it on your site and вуаля :) It's in beautiful Russian language :)
Language of Tolstoy, Pushkin, Lomonosov and Mendeleyev :)
Mind that you're using site cache so after each change you'll need to clear Joomla! cache.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński