The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Jomsocial navbar as a module

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
i move my jomsocial navbar into a module in loguser-menu position of T3-framework.
I tried to translate via overrides language and via adding string to ini files without success.
I saw this thread about this problem here :
www.jomsocial.com/forum/translations/139...nslate-toolbar#82250
I duplicated my navbar module, one in french and one in nederlands.
I translated this two menu and assigned each menu to one language (french and nederlands)
This solution works without problem but only without SEF.
When i enable the joomla SEF, some links become 404
Example : links to photos, event, etc
Any solution or error i could made ?
I let a test access in private information to let you see the navbar and eventually test.
Regards,
Olivier

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Olivier.

It's because you duplicated JomSocial toolbar menu. You have separated for FR and for NL.
When SEF is enabled and I'm in FR link to Photos has ID 122 what is ok since this is menu item ID of Photos in JomSocial toolbar FR.
But when I click on Photo I have ID 382... and this is menu item ID of Photos in JomSocial toolbar NL... which will be not displayed as it's allowed to display only when NL is enabled ... so you have 404.

You should use ONLY ONE JomSocial toolbar (menu type "jomsocial") without any language restrictions.
Then items in your main menu should be aliases to JomSocial toolbar menu.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Michal wrote: Hi, Olivier.

It's because you duplicated JomSocial toolbar menu. You have separated for FR and for NL.
When SEF is enabled and I'm in FR link to Photos has ID 122 what is ok since this is menu item ID of Photos in JomSocial toolbar FR.
But when I click on Photo I have ID 382... and this is menu item ID of Photos in JomSocial toolbar NL... which will be not displayed as it's allowed to display only when NL is enabled ... so you have 404.

You should use ONLY ONE JomSocial toolbar (menu type "jomsocial") without any language restrictions.
Then items in your main menu should be aliases to JomSocial toolbar menu.

Hi Michal,
thank you for you answer.
I understand but when i use only one jomsocial toolbar with menu language All, the overrides language doesn't work, i add the string to the ini file too without success, in the link provided where you answered i saw it is not possible to translate the menu normaly (jomsocial solution) without having the menu in jomsocial position, here i included the menu into module position so i don't understand.
Could you give me more informations ?
Regards,
Olivier

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Olivier.

No, you misunderstood "is not possible to translate the menu normally (jomsocial solution) without having the menu in jomsocial position"
IF you have JomSocial toolber menu assigned to a module that is assigned to module position, then automatic translation will NOT work.
because this menu items will behave like ordinary Joomla! menu items.
Does't automatic translation using language constant work for ordinary menu items? NO.

Automatic translation will work ONLY if Jomsocial toolbar has a MENU TYPE "jomsocial" and it's NOT assigned to any module/module position.

So you need to have:

1. One neutral menu - just like required in Joomla! documentation
2. ONE Jomsocial toolabr menu, with type "jomsocial" where menu items names are language constants
3. One French menu that consist of French translated positions (menu items names) that are menu aliases that link to corresponding JomSocial toolbar menu items
4. The same goes for NL menu.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olivier FRASCONE
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,
thank you it works perfectly.
I even think it works better like this, because the system now take the alias of each language, so the url of profil, photos etc don't keep the english alias, but take the alias of each translated toolbar, you just need to make association between the two different menu.
Regards,
Olivier

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński