Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Problem to Translate Toolbar

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
I did all what the wiki says about translation js toolbar :
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Toolbar
but still the translation for toolbar is not working for me . i do not know where the problem is. any help from you ?

Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, spenghar web.

You used wrong language constant.
Also you has not prepared Joomla! for multilingual content - there was no menus for other languages, no language swithc module enabled and also plugin.

Translation for JomSocial toolbar works but in Protostar template.
I need to talk with designer why JomSocial doesn't appear in Socialize template... but he will be available at Monday.
Please stay tuned, I resolve that issue at Monday.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thank you so much ,
hope to hear from you on Monday.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, spenghar web.

You'll need to update Socialize template to fix that.
You're using Socialize 1.0.
Soon new version will be available and than JomSocial toolbar will be visible in main content... so dynamic translation will be working.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks,
The current version of Socialize template that I am using is modified for RTL support by one of your colleagues.
www.jomsocial.com/forum/socialize-template/13636-rtl-problem
I do not know if the new version is supporting RTL or not, because I am using it for RTL language.

Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, spenghar we.

In Socialize template JomSocial toolbar is not visible. So it needs to be threated just like any other Joomla! menu.
Please read this: pl.scribd.com/doc/82768844/Joomla-2-5-mu...tensions-in-10-steps it will guide you how to prepare multilingual menu and content on your site.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Spenghar.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have again the same Problem Translation for JomSocial toolbar is not works in Socialize but it looks fine in Protostar template.
is there any solution with you for this problem.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Menu items, even with language constants wll bo not translated.
To enable JomSocial toolbar browse via FTP:

ROOT/templates/socialize//html/com_community/ and remove toolbar.index.php

After that toolbar will appear and now you could use constant to translate it dynamically...

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello ,

I just want to translate the jomsocial menu as you mentioned in this guide. documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Toolbar
and it should be translated as you Saied . but somehow it is not working with socialize template

I removed toolbar.index.php from ROOT/templates/socialize//html/com_community/

But It was not helpful. the menu is still the same, it also cased other problems in header toolbar module . So I placed back.

The menu translation problem seems to be only in socialize Template. It working correctly in other templates.

Hope to have some good solution from you.

Thanks

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, spenghar web.

You misunderstood. JomSocial toolbar is a menu in JomSocial but when used as a internal navigation it behaves different way and thus language constants may be used to translate it. If you use JomSocial toolbar menu in any other module position it will behave like ordinary Joomla! menu and language constants will be NOT translated.

So our documentation apply only when JomSocial tollbar is displayed INSIDE JomSocial not in a module position.

So if you want to use automatic translation feature for JomSocial toolbar:

1. Remove it from main menu position.
2. ROOT/templates/socialize//html/com_community/ and remove toolbar.index.php
3. Then follow documentation.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

But what should I do if I want to use the toolbar as a main menu of the socialize template, in deferent languages.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, spenghar web.

Then you should create separated menu for each language.
Please read this tutorial: www.templatemonster.com/help/joomla-3-x-...tilanguage-site.html .

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński