Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Flat template not loading

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

I uploaded the Flat template, but it won't load on the front end. I get this error: Error: Could not find template "flat".: Could not find template "flat".

Could someone take a look?

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I will also need an access to a folder of /administrator, the htpass one please.

Have You followed all steps from download instruction: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Flat_Theme_Installation

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Yes, I followed the instructions. I gave you superuser access so you have access to all the folders.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
Sorry. I didn't realize the password protection was on. I updated the info with username and password. Could you kindly remove the screenshot you posted? I don't want identifying information posted.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

No problem. Deleted my last post. Unfortunately I see nothing wrong in configuration and as mentioned the template is not even visible on the list. Please attache an access to FTP, so I'll be able to check what can be wrong.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

I updated the post above with my FTP info. Could you document how you fixed the issue in the next post so that I know what to do the next time the problem occurs with other templates?

Thank you.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

Thank You, was able to check and I see what is the problem. Flat Theme is a Jomsocial theme, not a Joomla template. Because of that You need to upload unzipped file to /components/com_community/templates/

Please check the detailed instruction about how to install: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Flat_Theme_Installation

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

I changed it inline with the documentation. It's still not displaying properly.

Could you take another look?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello,

Could I get an update on this issue?

Thanks,

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The flat theme is not a template. Its a theme only used for Jomsocial to give a new style to the component.
As i checked your site, you may installed the theme via Joomla extension manager, but as its not a template this is the reason it will not work as a template.
I just set the protostar template as default. And fixed the permission issue of flat theme folder

Now you can see the theme is working fine on jomsocial.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Could you remove the screenshot? I followed these instructions: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Flat_Theme_Installation.

The template doesn't look like the demo. What is the template in the demo? I uploaded the Flat folder through the server, so it is set up correctly. Shouldn't everything be in the folder?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The screenshot is removed.
as I said in my last post The flat theme is not a template it works only for the Jomsocial, not for the full site.
You can use it on any of the template installed. The theme is uploaded correctly and working fine on your site
In the demo site, it's a custom template based on the T3 framework. But the theme used in the demo is same like on your site.
you can build your own template using the T3 framework and customise it www.t3-framework.org/documentation/ with tools present in the T3.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,

How can I get the custom template? Could you send me the link?

Thanks,

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I want the site to look exactly like this: js-flat.demo.joomlart.com .

How can I do that?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński