Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Changing login with facebook button with...?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

1) So I just got this amazing registration module called Ajax Login, and it has the possibility to allow users to login through various methods, like it is shown in the picture I would like to put the icons of the login through those methods in the place of jomsocial's "Login with facebook". Can you please explain to me how to do that? :)

2) Also it would be great if you could tell me how to change the "Create an account" in the toolbar with their registration form.

Thanks <3

Attachments:
9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

It looks quite nice indeed.... I'll do it in different way.
I suggest to remove "Join us now!" button from hero image and also login forum under it. Then create in this place a module position and assign your candy login/register module there.

"Create an account" button is part of JomSocial toolbar module fro Socialize template. It's rather not so simple to change it with candy registration form... for this you'll need to rebuild module.... and I can't help you with this. You'll need developer help to do that.

So if you want I can provide you with a hack that allows you to use registration module in hero area...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

I suggest to remove "Join us now!" button from hero image and also login forum under it. Then create in this place a module position and assign your candy login/register module there.

So if you want I can provide you with a hack that allows you to use registration module in hero area...

Yes please do give me step by step instructions! :)

"Create an account" button is part of JomSocial toolbar module fro Socialize template. It's rather not so simple to change it with candy registration form... for this you'll need to rebuild module.... and I can't help you with this. You'll need developer help to do that.

If they won't charge a big sum sure, the developers like who? Merva for instance?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Ok, tomorrow I have weekend shift so if it will not so busy then I'll prepare a hack for you.

No :) Merav is not a developer for hire :D Just view their CV and choose one that will fit your needs... and budget ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Islam
9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Thanks a lot I'll be waiting for it tomorrow then! And where can I find their CV exactly? :P

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Here it is: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers
And as for customization... I have a lot request so probably prepare code for you at Tuesday... sorry for delay...

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Thanks for the link and sure, but please do make it on Tuesday :)

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Ok, upload my file to ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them)

Then assign your module to "js_front_login" position (you need to type it in as it will be not listed)

This hack removes reister button and login form, and adds module position so you could assign own form.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Can't download the file. It tells me:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Try now.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Voila. I did everything you said and then duplicated the module to js_front_login position but nothing happens. Did I something wrong?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Are you sure that you copied mine file to html/com_community folder? I edited this file and it was original one... no wonder nothing was changed. I changed file content to my code and it's ready ;)

9 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

This doesn't work anymore with the new JomSocial version :(

9 years 5 days ago
Licenses:

Hi.

That's correct as code of JomSocial 4.0 is much different that for JomSocial 3.x.
This hack need to be done again.
Now overrides are done in a bit different way.
Override path is;

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/folder-name

folder-name is folder name where overrided file is located.
If file resides just in layouts (no sub-folder), then you don't add "folder-name" on the end.

but in JomSocial 4.0.3 this could be done nearly without hacks. You could disable frontpage image and/or login form here:

Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Theme Designer -> General.

And if you need module in that place, just do override for this file:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/frontpage/guest.php

And add:

<?php $this->renderModules('js_front_login'); ?> right above line 13.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński