Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

REGISTER ERROR

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

Hi, i have a lot of people saying that they received the confirmation mail but after that their can not access to the account because the account doesn't exist. I have to clean the cache of the website and then the account name and the mail is again available to register in the website.

Do you know first if there is a way to move the confirmation mail to the end of jomsocial register. And why this is happening so often. i never had this problem before. now i have like 3 users per days saying that they have an account that doesn't exist.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi,

Please you try apply this patch www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/332...4-2-jomsocial#160702 seems this issue is coming from redirect plugin.

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thabk tou i will try with this patch. But.. If this diesnt qork there is a way to back up the override files to go back?

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

yes that is possible, just try it..and backup your original code first.

thank you

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

the problem is that after the first stepm of username and password the user recived the confirmation by mail of his account. but if the user don't finish the jomsocial registration the account don't exist.

So i have users with confirmation mail without the registry in my website.

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

yes that is default behavior, your registration is finished when you get the confirmation email

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hi, im still have this issue. after the last update of joomla 3.6 and the last jomsocial, there is many users with incomplete registration saying that they have the confirmation mail but no session created. and the username and the mail is taking by the cache of the page so i have to clean the cache so they can register again.

can you fix this for me.

i need that the registration mail be after the registration of jomsocial, and if there his a incomplete registration the username and the mail dont be storage in the cache to avoid this problems.

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

This is cache issue, you need to change the cache plugin to another, please try jot Cache component.

thank you!

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas, i have Jotcache installed and i have the same error. Can you Check it please?

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

I just tested it and its working fine, this issue maybe caused by your local cache refresh the page will fix the issue.

Anyway, would you mind to check "Cache Settings" and set to off?

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi dinas. Yes i jnow that the register is working fine. But i have a lot of members that go backward one step and they think that because they have the registration mail the account is active. But there is no acccount. So i have to clean the cache from joomla so they can register ahain with the same mail.

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

Maybe you need to ask them the detail of error what they get, and the steps to replicate this.

thank you!

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The problem is after the joomla register page. After the first step the user recived the confirmation mail but there is no account created yet. He has to finish all the registration so the account will be active.

No all the users do that.

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

Would you mind provide me the backend access? because the current account is not working

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński