Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

I can not edit profile in the frontend after created

8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

After new user is registred, he or she can not edit his or her profile!!!

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. register as a new user at the frontend
2. login in into the site
3. Go to change avatar or Edit profile or Change privacy using module Community Toolbar for Socialize Template
4. You will see there is no option the change and save your profile options!!!

what happened??? I do not know!!!

RESULT: user can not edit his own profile
EXPECTED RESULT: See the options according to the menu
BROWSER: google chrome

More Info:

My official domain is yoproduzco.com, yoproduzco.net is mine and it is redirecting to .com.

I TRIED TO CHANGE MY DOMAIN REGISTRED IN MY JOMSOCIAL ACCOUNT PAGE, BUT SYSTEM DID NOT WORKED FOR ME!!!

For security issues I made a copy (without all the users actually, but everything is the same) of the site under this address:
yoproduzco.com/temp2000/
so, I can give you access as super user under that address, please understand my point of view, so you will be able to do whatever you need in order to resolve this issue, and after that I need all the steps one by one in order to replicate them into the original site yoproduzco.com

I am using:
Joomla 3.3.6
Jomsocial 3.2.1.6
Socialize template 1.2.9

Only one rule: we can not update any app, because of compatibility issues.

Thank you very much!!!

yoproduzco.com/temp2000/administrator/
username and password you will see them below!

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

You hold a JomSocial PRO license so only ONE domain is supported.
Your supported domain is: yoproduzco.net.
And you request support for: yoproduzco.com. I'm sorry but as it is different domain, support will be not provided for it at the moment.
Unless you change supported domain (need to have valid reason e.g domain name typo)
Please post a domain change request here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

After your request is accepted, please, update this thread and make sure it has "Pending Support" status.

There will be no problem witch change and it mus be done for the record.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi

Now my support domain is yoproduzco.com
case #145427 it is done!!!
thank you!

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

The problem is that you use outdated and unsupported version of JomSocial 3.2.1.6.
Current version is 4.1.1.
There was numerous fixes from time when 3.2.16 was released...
Please, upgrade your site and check if issue persist.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Please, translate this into google translate!!!

Señores con todo respeto, estoy decepcionado de Jomsocial!!!

1. Compro el software para obtener el soporte con la version 3.2.1.6 y me dicen que esa version no es soportada aunque el problema es un problema que no debería tener la aplicacion como no poder editar el perfil despues de creado, por Dios, ese problema no debería existir y se da y para resolverlo me dicen que debo actualizar a la version 4.1.1, ¿Que clase de software venden ustedes???!!!

2. A pesar de eso, hago el gasto, aunque un gasto como esos me implique invertir en otras aplicaciones para actualizarlas tambien, y bueno, el problema inicial se resuelve, pero extrañamente me llegan correos de mi servidor de hosting indicando posibles archivos malisiosos y todos son de JOMSOCIAL, lo cual me hace pensar; ¿será posible que el equipo de jomsocial hackee las plataformas de sus clientes para afectar el funcionamiento remotamente para luego obligarlos a comprar nuevamente y actualizar en un software lleno de errores??? quisiera pensar que no, pero es una posibilidad que yo veo, y a eso no le veo etica, si fuera asi!!!

3. Por ultimo, instalo la nueva version 4.1.1, leo y sigo todas las instrucciones y al parecer todo funciona bien, luego hago algunas pruebas y descubro que ciertos modulos y hasta la nueva plantilla de socialize que tuve que comprar tiene problemas para su configuracion adecuada, por Dios, señores, ¿cuales son los procesos de calidad que tienen ustedes???, ya que cada actualizacion es siempre una coleccion de correccion de errores de las versiones anteriores, las mejoras desmejoran otras funcionalidades y luego le siguen una enorme lista de errores corregidos, ¿como programan ustedes, prueban lo que hacen antes de ponerlo en venta, hacen pruebas INTEGRALES DE TODO antes de sacar una version nueva????

Estoy tan molesto que no quiero seguir pidiendo soporte, porque me van a pedir datos como accesos a cpanel, la base de datos y usuario super administrador en joomla, cuando no estoy de acuerdo en dar ese tipo de accesos.

Les aconsejo que cuando saquen una version nueva PRUEBEN TODO INTEGRALMENTE ANTES DE PONERLO EN VENTA para que las siguientes versiones sean realmente MEJORAS y NO CORRECCION DE ERRORES!!!!

Aun no veo estabilidad de el software que ustedes venden!!!

La verdad me siento muy molesto!!!

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

I'm sorry but we support ONLY in English. Please, read our Support Policy:
www.jomsocial.com/support

Translating with Google Translator may cause misunderstandings. Please, if you can't explain what is your issue in English - ask someone who could help you. We can't communicate in your native language and use translators.

8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I feel really disappointed with Jomsocial!!!

1. I am purchasing Jomsocial again to get support for versión 3.2.1.6 and you say to me that versión is not supported anymore even though the problem is a BASIC PROBLEM like editing any profile at the frontend, no one can do it, by God!! This issue must not be exist, but it is real; and you say to me that I have to upgrade to the lastest versión to resolve it!!! What kind of software are you selling???

2. Despite that, I install the lastest versión of Jomsocial in order to fix this issue although I have to upgrade other applications investing more money, this change seems like fixed the problem but I realized my hosting server detected some suspects files and all of them are from Jomsocial, which makes me think; is it posible that Jomsocial team hacks any plataform remotely affecting the normal operation and then force its clients to buy again and update a software full of bugs??? I would like to think not, but it is a possibility that I see, which is not ethic, if so!!! I just repeat again with all my respect to you, I would like to think not, but it is a possibility!!!

3. Finally, after I install the lastest version I do some basic tests and I got some basic errors like logout issues in 2 of 3 options we have in jomsocial, the new template socialize also has some issues, the module JS Hello me, for instance, I can not disable some features in the frontend (like a logout buttom), disabling it in the backend module manager ¡!!! After this, I am frustrated, so, I tell you, WHAT ARE YOUR QUALITY PROCESSES THAT YOU HAVE???? Now I see every upgrade of your software is A COLLECTION OF BUGS FIXED FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS, just see it at your OWN CHANGES LOG www.jomsocial.com/features/changelog . HOW ARE YOU PROGRAMMING JOMSOCIAL???? DO YOU TEST ANY UPGRADE BEFORE RELEASING A NEW VERSION?? DO YOU DO INTEGRAL TESTS OF EVERYTHING BEFORE RELEASE A NEW VERSION??? AGAIN, JUST SEE YOUR OWN CHANGES LOG. I think the answer is NO!

Please, I just want to see after this, you release the next version of Jomsocial WITHOUT BUGS and all the bugs fixed of the previous version, then the next one will have only improvements!!! Please, this goal must be your next goal!!! It is imperative that you have a quality department or just one person testing everything before release any new version of jomsocial, but if this is jomsocial case, them you will have to change and improve all the methodologies.

I advise you that when you release a new version, please test it FULLY, you have to test everything before release it, so the next versions will have only improvements and NO collection of bugs fixed!!!!

Even I do not see stability of the software you sell !!!

I feel very upset and frustrated because of this!!!

By the way, I gave you access as superuser in a copy of the site, please check everything, test everything with that access and then if all the issues you can resolve, please let me know all the steps you followed, so I will be able to make those changes in the real site!!!

Thank you!

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed.

1. Every software have a life cycle. Also any new patches are provided in hot fixes for certain version. When new version is released it contain previous fixes... thus no new patches are released for older versions. Your version is more than half year old and if you have issue with something - it was probably fixed already in some already released hot fixes or new versions (your version was last from JomSocial 3 series). Please, read JS changelog: www.jomsocial.com/change-log

I'll use a parallel: if someone uses Windows 98 in 2015... will it be ok to ask for patches? Rather not as life cycle of Win98 ended. The same goes for JomSocial 3 series, their life cycle is over. The only difference is life cycle time - for web applications it's much much shorter.

For further details, please, read our Support Policy: www.jomsocial.com/support

2. No, we don't do things like that. And this is rather serious accusation that we deliberately damaged.hacked your instance to force you tu purchase new version. I'm sorry but there is no respect in claims like this one. Do you have proofs? What files are suspicious? Did you checked them if they ware hacked by 3rd person? What code is suspicious? Your may check your hacked (?) files with originals from package you probably have.

I understand that you're disappointed but accusing us for deliberately damaging your instance is a bit too much...

3. First of all you should report any issue that you have (with current version) on forum. We already fixed many bugs that ware reported and provided patches on forum: www.jomsocial.com/forum/topics/mode-bugs...efault&prioritysel=0

Yes, we do have QA and we test our software before release, also we have beta testers program so any JS owner could test it before final release. But always some bugs may sneak in.

To be honest - did you EVER saw 100% bugs free software? Of course our goal is to provide software that have as less bugs as possible... but in such a complex project this is nearly impossible. EVERY software have some bugs no matter if it's Google, Microsoft or iJoomla. Humans do mistakes. So the case is not a 100% bugs free software but lower their number and provide patches as soon as possible.

But we need to be aware of bugs found by users - so they should be reported on forum imminently.

I'm sorry but you must test your site on your own. Not all issues are from JomSocial or Socialize - they may be caused by misconfiguration, outdated customizations or 3rd party extensions. Please, report any issue that you have on forum. We'll check everyone of them and provide a fix (if needed) or explain how to fix it yourself (if caused by misconfiguration or outdated customization) or point issue in 3rd party extensions.

As for issue you mentioned here (Hello me logout), please, use patch from here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...logout-button#145469

Please, remember to post each issue in separated thread.

8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

For me it is clear, Jomsocial should improve its quality processes, you produce software with many errors and each new release incorporates only bugs fixed from the previous version in its majority and a minority are improvements. I understand that there are mistakes, but BASIC mistakes as a logout button does not work well that is unacceptable.

My review should be an opportunity for improvement for you and not a means to bother you, their quality processes should include basic, intermediate and advanced features and it is in BASIC which it can not fail as in:

• log on buttons
• registration of new users,
• edit the profile,
• enable or disable functions (here module JS Hello me failed)
• logout buttons (here jomsocial 4.1.1 failed in 2 of 3 options)
• delete a profile
• upload and delete photos
Create groups, events or albums

because that is completely frustrating for anyone.

I have used Microsoft software, google, Joomla and others and I have never seen such basic errors as a logout button fails, that's the point !!!

And I'm still disappointed with Jomsocial !!!

I just hope that you can improve the quality of your software !!!

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

If you noticed any bug or have issue you need to report it on forum. One issue per thread.
Making a list like above doesn't explain what is your issue and how to replicate it.
It's like calling IT just saying "computer doesn't work"... but what exactly? Keyboard is not working... is it plugged in? Oh...

We have good will to fix all reported issue... but you need to give us a chance: describe them, providing steps to replicate, add printscreens. Without it its just playing hide'n'seek.

I hope to see your issues reports soon ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński