Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile Tabs not working

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi

I have the exact same issue as described here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...ile-tabs-not-working

This is a vanilla dev site (for my own extensions), and there are no other 3rd parties installed (except the template). Can you describe what the cause of the problem is so I can see if I can fix it myself? Thanks!

For the record, I do not have the System - Reset SEF Base plugin, and Joomla SEF is disabled. Installed JomSocial version is 4.0.9

-edit- I have tried switching to the default Joomla template and disabled all plugins of the 3rd party template (Gantry) and the problem still exists. Also, caching is disabled and I've made sure that cache is empty.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, MIke.

Please provide us working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi
I'm afraid I can't do that, as the extension is in the middle of development and there are sensitive media uploaded. You may describe this in the most technical terms though.

For the record, both chrome dev tools and firebug report no errors.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mike.

Guessing in blind? That's no fun at all ;)

Please, check if you don't compress js scripts or if jQuery is not loaded twice.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi
I have disabled all third parties and reverted to the default Joomla template. There are no other javascript and css files/snippets loaded on JomSocial's profile page, except JomSocial's own asset files. There is no script compression enabled. However the problem still exist.

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've added a link to the Misc field of the original post so you can see the problem.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mike.

Than it's time to stop playing blind man buff and debug your site.
Please, set up a dev site, remove sensitive data and allow us to check what is wrong.
There is no other way.

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've already done that. Please check my previous post.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mike.

Eh, but this is just frontend. We need access to backend with SU privileges.

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That's the problem, I can't give you that, and creating an entire vanilla site (when this is also a vanilla site) seems unnecessary, especially since I'm just trying to do integrating work with JomSocial, and not using JS itself. All I can say is I haven't configured JomSocial in any way, and that this is a new install. If you're unable to debug it based on what's available on the page source code, then I guess there's nothing I can do to help. It seems there are many users with the same problem though.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

this issue must be related with 3rd party extensions conflict, or from any script optimizer (from plugin or template feature or cloudflare)

please turn off any script optimizer if any. or try to turn off some plugins (system type) from joomla plugins manager.

if you still cant find it, you need to put credentials information by editing your initial post at this topic. more faster for me to tackle this issue if I can access your site as super admin access level.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński