Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

menu setting problem

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi! I'm having a problem setting menu items.
I use socialize template and also language switcher for three language, Japanese, English and Spanish.
I want to set "community(jomsocial top page)" as home,and "events","group","video","photo" as a menu tab for each language page.

When I try to choose "community - All Events" as a Menu Item Type, error message says "Warning
Save failed with the following error: Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent".
In Spanish menu, all of the "events","group","video" and "photo" tab cannot be set.
Could you tell me what is wrong, and how I can set so.

In other sled ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/20514-ena...-of-event-categories ), Michal pointed as "Also menu item aliases can't be home items in menu. So you need to mark other element to be a home item in language menu and then change Community items yo aliases." but I guess I couldn't really understand.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

1. Menu items must have UNIQUE aliases to avoid system confusion when SEF is enabled.
Notice says it very clear: "Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent"

2. If you'll create menu items that link DIRECT to JomSocial pages you'll have redirections issues. For example: trying to reach events in English, system will try to redirect you to events restricted for Japanese. Joomla! will use highest menu item ID o f multiplicated menu items.

3. So I recommend to use menu aliases and point to menu items in JomSocial Toolbar.

4. Yes, menu aliases can't be set as home/default menu item in menu. This is Joomla! limitation. Just create menu item that has type menu alias and try to make it default - you can't default option is not available (in J! 3.3.6 and blocked in 2.5.27)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks for your support!

I tried to understand how to set like you say, but still I can't figure out.
Sorry to bother you but could you give me some help again?

You suggested "3. So I recommend to use menu aliases and point to menu items in JomSocial Toolbar."

Could you give me some more specific advice how to do that.
What do you mean "use menu aliases and point to menu items in JomSocial"?

I'm not using SEF, but using language switcher for three language and setup main menu for each languages which Albertus helped me to do that.

I tried to follow those instruction also, but seems like screen shot is not the same site as current JomSocial.
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Just edit your JomSocial menu items that are outside JomSocial toolbar menu. Change menu item type from JomSocial to System Links -> Menu Item Alias and in select field "Menu item" choose menu item in JomSocial toolbar you want to point. Do it for every JomSocial link except JomSocial frontpage/home menu item.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you for your help as always.
But I need some more help again, please.

You mentioned "Just edit your JomSocial menu items that are outside JomSocial toolbar menu."
Am I right that I edit those three menus, Main Menu (en-GB), Main Menu (es-ES), and Main Menu (ja-JP)?

As you said "Change menu item type from JomSocial to System Links -> Menu Item Alias and in select field "Menu item" choose menu item in JomSocial toolbar you want to point.", I set "Home"menu of Main Menu (en-GB) like this, but...

as there is no star mark to set as Home on Home item...

"Do it for every JomSocial link except JomSocial frontpage/home menu item."
Could you tell me which one is the "JomSocial frontpage/home menu item"?

I'm so sorry to bother you that I'm so beginner of Jomsocial.

Attachments:
9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

I've checked your settings, for now leave them like they are now. Just change menu aliases so they will be unique. If you once used alias "groups" you can't use it second time. Also for Japanese menu change date numbers in alias fields to proper aliases.

Yes, menu item aliases can't be set as default - this is Joomla! limitation. Leave it for now as I see that your menu structure works fine in current configuration. Just make sure that aliases are unique and not consist from date.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you for your support.I’m getting understand what was wrong.

With your advices and some documentation, I changed some setting, because the formar setteng wasn’t what I wanted, and now I have some other problem.

I changed

> Template Manager > SOCIALIZE > Navigation

"Navigation Style → Megamenu”
“Menu → joomla toolbar"

The menu look like what I wanted but when I clicked “site logo mark”, it doesn’t take me to the frontpage.
Could you tell me how to fix this redirection issue?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Please, remember to open NEW thread for new issues.

Edit this file:

ROOT/templates/socialize/tpls/blocks/header-jb.php

and in line 24 you should have something like this:

<a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>">

Anchor should have this code:

<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>

If it doesn't have - try to add it. If it still doesn't work, change it to dot (.) like this: href="."

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi, Michal. Thanks for your help.

in the line 24, it is written like this :
<a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>">

I have made test site, which has exactly (I guess) the same settings, contents and template,
and with that test site, the problem doesn't show up.
Also in the file of my test site, in the line 24, it is written the same :

So, I suppose the problem must be somewhere else in my setting, which I have Inadvertently made.
I tried to find the difference between the settings of those two site, but
couldn't find any....

No matter which page you are in, the logo always points to the page you are in now, not to the Frontpage.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

I enables Joomla! SEF and it works fine. Please check it.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks! Now it's working fine!!!

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Wait a minute! Now the link of event article doesn't point correctly.
I had a same problem before and Search Engine Friendly URLs was the reason of that.

As I wrote previously, my test site works fine even though it doesn't use Search Engine Friendly URLs,
the logo point the frontpage correctly and the event article' url also correct.
Do you have any idea?

I'll send you a message about my test site's url and login ID and pass, which might help you find the problem.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I've checked event links - I was asked to login but after that there was no problem to reach event...
I also checked your dev site... Indeed it works there without enabled SEF.
That's odd..

How did you upgraded Socialize to 1.2.9?
Could you do a safe copy of your site and uninstall and install again Socialize?

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • puer
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I downloded newest package, and upgraded both site through extension maneger > upload package file.
But the redirection problem already exsisted before upgrading.

You reached event article,because I disabled SEF at that moment, I guess.
If I disabled SEF, I can reach event, but the logo doesn't take me to the Frontpage.
If i enabled SEF, the logo teke me to the Frontpage, but I can't reach event.

Sorry to bother you but do you have more idea what's wrong?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński