Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Notifications always blocks for some, not others

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Notifications are making it out to only some users, no matter their settings.

Before you tell me to reset the global users notifications...
Before you tell me that users might have certain notifications turned off...
Before you tell me that my cron job is not running right...

All of those things have been checked, over and over again and they are all fine.
Cron runs as it should.
SOME notifications go out, others don't and I cannot see why even after checking every single support question and solution, it makes no sense. It is obviously a BUG and I cannot believe that you would not know about it.

So,
Joomla 3.2.3
JomSocial 3.2.0.5

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mike.

You started with a complain... you rather should with issue description :)
but I understand that you're not pleased with constant upgrades that brings another issues...
I'll be happy to help you but please, grant us access to your site:

Please provide us with working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

Do you have chat on your site so we could talk in real time?
Please, note that we don't support via skype or email... so the best solution is web based chat.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

>You started with a complain... you rather should with issue description :)

No idea what this means but yes, I am frustrated that I never get a break from your subscriptions because your software is NEVER completed. I am constantly and always a beta tester and if you want me to remain a long time customer as I have already been for many years, I need to take breaks once in a while by having software that actually works properly.

Not sure what there is to argue about there because it seems pretty obvious. Anyhow, I will get over my frustration IF we can fix this before my site fully dies and I no longer need JS anyhow.

>Please provide us with working administrator credentials.
>I can't login to your site. Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

Already have. I gave you the admin account but as I also added, we need to be in google chat so we can go over the problems together. That means, I have not allowed remote admin access and would have done so once we were in chat. How do we exchange google chat into and time to meet?

>Do you have chat on your site so we could talk in real time?

No I don't. I only have google chat because I have a google account. How do we get going on this?

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Will someone be sending me an email to google so we can get into chat and work on this?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with the way our subscriptions work. I will pass on your feedback.

Regarding your issue with notifications. We only offer support through this forum, for us to assist further we would need access to your site and details of the fault, including how it can be replicated. Without this information there is really not much more we can do.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Where do you think I'm posting right now and where was my SUPPORT question posted? In this forum right?

I gave you remote access but as I said, you won't find anything wrong based on the other posts and the way you've been testing. The only way to fix this problem is to have someone in chat at the same time.

Guessing you'll take another 24hrs to reply now right. Obviously, you are simply playing games with me because I am now an irate customer and you could care less.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

There you are, I've made my site insecure just for you, so you can log in any time you like since you won't be flexible and work WITH me.

Here is a test for you to try. Send a private email to the following user and watch how it goes into Blocked mode. He has all of his notifications turned on, just like everyone else. I've also reset that as support posts suggested with no effect what so ever.

www.prescottriders.com/community/893-artgonzalez2/profile

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sure would appreciate some help now. You've made your point by delaying helping me just to show me who's boss. Yes yes, you're the boss, I'll keep sending my money like a good little customer.

Can I get help now? Please!!!

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Still waiting for help. Gee, you would think no one is allowed to complain or all of the support people avoid you. No, that can't be true.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Are you just trying to make sure that my site dies by not responding?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Mike,

All we are trying to do is help fix a bug you are reporting, from the many replies and edits to the first post here is where we are at

You have a problem where notifications are sent to some users but others don't receive them. if there is a specific situation that this is happening in. Please tell us so we can test it. At the moment the description of the problem is not specific enough for us to find the fault

I have checked the login details and they do not allow access, I'm sorry but we do not provide support via chat or any other platform other than this support forum.

I am not trying to argue, disagree or do anything other than resolve the problem for you, Editing and adding more things into the first post and many replies without specific details of the problem is only slowing done our ability to fix the problem for you

We have support people across many time zones and i have developers on shift for the next 8 hours, we are waiting to help you.

A reply with a clear description of the fault and how to replicate it with working login details is all we need to move forward

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

First of all, thank for responding but if you have people in all time zones, I figured it would be sooner. Either way, happy to see that
someone is going to help me.

>You have a problem where notifications are sent to some users but others don't receive them. if there is a
>specific situation that this is happening in. Please tell us so we can test it. At the moment the description
>of the problem is not specific enough for us to find the fault

Second, I DID post all of the details, there aren't any more details to post because there are no other specifics. The notification system works randomly. It sends to some people, it does not send to others and it doesn't care what the users settings are or that the notifications were reset.

I already said all of the things which are related so the only thing to do next is to show you what is happening otherwise, you will log in, test and tell me that it's working fine just like all of the other support posts I already ready.

I never asked for support using chat, that doesn't even make sense. I said it would be easier to SHOW YOU what the problem is by being in chat with support. I accidentally left the user inactive so try again, it will work now.

Nothing that was suggested in the other posts has worked and others have said the same thing so it's a bug that needs to be fixed. I gave you access, what else do you need so that we can get this fixed? Look in the messages above, I also gave you a username that you can send a PM to in testing. Then look in the queue and you'll see countless emails there. Some were actually sent out and most never made it out yet. Even the queue is wrong in saying that some of those are blocked because some of them WERE sent.

Also, be SURE To use the proper domain. Your site won't let me update the domain name and it's not what you see in the site into, it's below that.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

maybe your issue related with this topic:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/152...ations-after-upgrade

Old users (from old Jomsocial version) and new users in some case having different "params" values.

but, for make sure related with the users records at table community_users, we must check your DB.

if you can't give the DB access, you can export community_users table in zip format, and send it to me.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, easier to send you the table so here it is.

Thank you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński