Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Only some users are getting notifications after upgrade

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have performed a site upgrade from 1.5 to 3.2 ( and jomsocial from 2.0.2 to 3.x ) and it seems that only a few users are getting email notofications. We tried this between admins and if we send internal messages to eachother nothing the record is not added to the mailq table while if I send an internal message to a new admin that has been registered with the new site is getting notification. I have reset the notification settings from the the backend for all users but it still doesn't work for older users. How can we fix this?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Zoltan,

I saw your Jomsocial version still using old version. Could you please upgrade it to 3.1.1?
because many fixes there

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I have done the upgrade and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas? :)

Cheers
Z.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Zoltan,

at Jomsocial backend: configuration - privacy - Default User Email & Notifications, that for default value for new user only. For registered user will follow they individual settings.

for user who not get notification, please check at they privacy setup. login as that user at frontend, goto profile - pivacy - Emails and Notifications. and click save.

Let me know the result.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus,

If I save the settings on the front page it starts working even though the settings look the same way. Now the question here how can I force these settings onto every user. I tried resetting from the backend but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Shall I distribute my notification settings in the database to every user?

We will test this further with different accounts.

Best Regards
Zoltan

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Zoltan,

is hard to do that from database, because the parameters mixed with other parameters. (discussion counter, groups counter, etc).
My suggestion for the safest way. you can send mass email to all users, to asking they do like you did for notifications (privacy).

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

What is the "Default User & Email Notifications" option is for then? My understanding that it should reset these setting for every user am I missing something? Also if I look into the database these parts were not upgraded at all only a few old settings exists compared to the new long strings which is there for the new users.

I am sorry but spamming out 13.000 users just won't happen, that is not a solution.

Best Regards
Zoltan

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Zoltan,

please try to edit administrator/components/com_community/models/configuration.php
and put below code after line 115 before "}"

$query	= 'UPDATE ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_users') . ' SET params=replace(params,' . $db->Quote( $left_exp.$quote.$quote) . ',' . $db->Quote( $left_exp . $right_exp ) . ')';
$db->setQuery( $query );
$db->Query( );

after this, open your administrator and goto "Default User & Email Notifications", setup it - click "Reset existing user's notification settings." and wait until "All existing users notification settings were reset." appear below red button.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

This unfortunately haven't solved the problem. I see this in my database for every user:

{"notifyEmailSystem":1,"privacyProfileView":"20","privacyPhotoView":"20","privacyFriendsView":"20","privacyVideoView":"0","notifyEmailMessage":1,"notifyEmailApps":1,"notifyWallComment":0,"postFacebookStatus":1}

While my profile has this:

{"notifyEmailSystem":"1","privacyProfileView":"20","privacyPhotoView":"20","privacyFriendsView":"20","privacyVideoView":"0","notifyEmailMessage":1,"notifyEmailApps":1,"notifyWallComment":0,"daylightsavingoffset":"0","postFacebookStatus":1,"lastnotificationlist":"2014-04-10 18:29:29","mobileView":null,"activityLimit":"20","profileLikes":"1","privacyGroupsView":"0","etype_groups_notify_admin":"1","notif_groups_notify_admin":"1","etype_user_profile_delete":"1","notif_user_profile_delete":"1","etype_system_reports_threshold":"1","notif_system_reports_threshold":"1","etype_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","notif_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","etype_profile_status_update":"1","notif_profile_status_update":"1","etype_profile_like":"1","notif_profile_like":"1","etype_profile_stream_like":"1","notif_profile_stream_like":"1","etype_friends_request_connection":"1","notif_friends_request_connection":"1","etype_friends_create_connection":"1","notif_friends_create_connection":"1","etype_inbox_create_message":"1","notif_inbox_create_message":"1","etype_groups_invite":"1","notif_groups_invite":"1","etype_groups_discussion_reply":"1","notif_groups_discussion_reply":"1","etype_groups_wall_create":"1","notif_groups_wall_create":"1","etype_groups_create_discussion":"1","notif_groups_create_discussion":"1","etype_groups_create_news":"1","notif_groups_create_news":"1","etype_groups_create_album":"1","notif_groups_create_album":"1","etype_groups_create_video":"1","notif_groups_create_video":"1","etype_groups_create_event":"1","notif_groups_create_event":"1","etype_groups_sendmail":"1","notif_groups_sendmail":"1","etype_groups_member_approved":"1","notif_groups_member_approved":"1","etype_groups_member_join":"1","notif_groups_member_join":"1","etype_groups_notify_creator":"1","notif_groups_notify_creator":"1","etype_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","notif_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","etype_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_events_notify_admin":"1","notif_events_notify_admin":"1","etype_events_invite":"1","notif_events_invite":"1","etype_events_invitation_approved":"1","notif_events_invitation_approved":"1","etype_events_sendmail":"1","notif_events_sendmail":"1","etype_event_notify_creator":"1","notif_event_notify_creator":"1","etype_event_join_request":"1","notif_event_join_request":"1","etype_events_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_events_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_videos_submit_wall":"1","notif_videos_submit_wall":"1","etype_videos_reply_wall":"1","notif_videos_reply_wall":"1","etype_videos_tagging":"1","notif_videos_tagging":"1","etype_videos_like":"1","notif_videos_like":"1","etype_photos_submit_wall":"1","notif_photos_submit_wall":"1","etype_photos_reply_wall":"1","notif_photos_reply_wall":"1","etype_photos_tagging":"1","notif_photos_tagging":"1","etype_photos_like":"1","notif_photos_like":"1","etype_system_messaging":"1","notif_system_messaging":"1"}

Old users clearly missing a lot of settings.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Zoltan,

I have solution for you:
1. you can re-install your Jomsocial if no any core customization (backup first) and make sure no any warning at installation parameters. Or
2. run this query and after that click "Reset existing user's notification settings."

UPDATE `jos_community_users` SET params=replace(params,'}',',\"notifyEmailSystem\":1,\"privacyProfileView\":0,\"privacyPhotoView\":0,\"privacyFriendsView\":0,\"privacyGroupsView\":\"\",\"privacyVideoView\":0,\"notifyEmailMessage\":1,\"notifyEmailApps\":1,\"notifyWallComment\":0,\"notif_groups_notify_admin\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_notify_admin\":\"1\",\"notif_user_profile_delete\":\"1\",\"etype_user_profile_delete\":\"1\",\"notif_system_reports_threshold\":\"1\",\"etype_system_reports_threshold\":\"1\",\"notif_profile_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"etype_profile_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"notif_profile_activity_reply_comment\":\"1\",\"etype_profile_activity_reply_comment\":\"1\",\"notif_profile_status_update\":\"1\",\"etype_profile_status_update\":\"1\",\"notif_profile_like\":\"1\",\"etype_profile_like\":\"1\",\"notif_profile_stream_like\":\"1\",\"etype_profile_stream_like\":\"1\",\"notif_friends_request_connection\":\"1\",\"etype_friends_request_connection\":\"1\",\"notif_friends_create_connection\":\"1\",\"etype_friends_create_connection\":\"1\",\"notif_inbox_create_message\":\"1\",\"etype_inbox_create_message\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_invite\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_invite\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_discussion_reply\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_discussion_reply\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_wall_create\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_wall_create\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_create_discussion\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_create_discussion\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_create_news\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_create_news\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_create_album\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_create_album\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_create_video\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_create_video\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_create_event\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_create_event\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_sendmail\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_sendmail\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_member_approved\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_member_approved\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_member_join\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_member_join\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_notify_creator\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_notify_creator\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_discussion_newfile\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_discussion_newfile\":\"1\",\"notif_groups_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"etype_groups_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"notif_events_notify_admin\":\"1\",\"etype_events_notify_admin\":\"1\",\"notif_events_invite\":\"1\",\"etype_events_invite\":\"1\",\"notif_events_invitation_approved\":\"1\",\"etype_events_invitation_approved\":\"1\",\"notif_events_sendmail\":\"1\",\"etype_events_sendmail\":\"1\",\"notif_event_notify_creator\":\"1\",\"etype_event_notify_creator\":\"1\",\"notif_event_join_request\":\"1\",\"etype_event_join_request\":\"1\",\"notif_events_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"etype_events_activity_add_comment\":\"1\",\"notif_videos_submit_wall\":\"1\",\"etype_videos_submit_wall\":\"1\",\"notif_videos_reply_wall\":\"1\",\"etype_videos_reply_wall\":\"1\",\"notif_videos_tagging\":\"1\",\"etype_videos_tagging\":\"1\",\"notif_videos_like\":\"1\",\"etype_videos_like\":\"1\",\"notif_photos_submit_wall\":\"1\",\"etype_photos_submit_wall\":\"1\",\"notif_photos_reply_wall\":\"1\",\"etype_photos_reply_wall\":\"1\",\"notif_photos_tagging\":\"1\",\"etype_photos_tagging\":\"1\",\"notif_photos_like\":\"1\",\"etype_photos_like\":\"1\",\"notif_system_messaging\":\"1\",\"etype_system_messaging\":\"1\",\"postFacebookStatus\":1,\"lastnotificationlist\":\"2014-03-15 03:33:00\",\"group_activity_1\":\"7\",\"coverPosition\":\"0px\"}') WHERE CHAR_LENGTH(params) < 1487; 

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoltan
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Zoltan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albert, it is now working perfectly many thanks!
By the way I applied the given sql statement and it solved the problem.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński