Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Notifications always blocks for some, not others

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry I was so upset. Frustrating that I can never take a break from the subscription. I have been a customer for MANY years and never once have gotten even one version which is bug free.

Just wish I could take a break from subs now and then because they really add up when you are paying for dozens constantly.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

I can't find any attachment. please attach it in zip format.
click "Reply button" - add file - click insert

after you submit your post. you can see that attachment at content section. or you can send me that file to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sent it as .sql. Resending as zip

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike

please backup your table qdmiu_community_users first. after that execute the following SQL at your phpmyadmin

UPDATE `qdmiu_community_users` SET `params` = CONCAT('{"notifyEmailSystem":1,"privacyProfileView":"0","privacyPhotoView":"0","privacyFriendsView":"0","privacyGroupsView":"0","privacyVideoView":"0","notifyEmailMessage":1,"notifyEmailApps":1,"notifyWallComment":0,"notif_groups_notify_admin":"1","etype_groups_notify_admin":"1","notif_user_profile_delete":"1","etype_user_profile_delete":"1","notif_system_reports_threshold":"1","etype_system_reports_threshold":"1","notif_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_profile_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","etype_profile_activity_reply_comment":"1","notif_profile_status_update":"1","etype_profile_status_update":"1","notif_profile_like":"1","etype_profile_like":"1","notif_profile_stream_like":"1","etype_profile_stream_like":"1","notif_friends_request_connection":"1","etype_friends_request_connection":"1","notif_friends_create_connection":"1","etype_friends_create_connection":"1","notif_inbox_create_message":"1","etype_inbox_create_message":"1","notif_groups_invite":"1","etype_groups_invite":"1","notif_groups_discussion_reply":"1","etype_groups_discussion_reply":"1","notif_groups_wall_create":"1","etype_groups_wall_create":"1","notif_groups_create_discussion":"1","etype_groups_create_discussion":"1","notif_groups_create_news":"1","etype_groups_create_news":"1","notif_groups_create_album":"1","etype_groups_create_album":"1","notif_groups_create_video":"1","etype_groups_create_video":"1","notif_groups_create_event":"1","etype_groups_create_event":"1","notif_groups_sendmail":"1","etype_groups_sendmail":"1","notif_groups_member_approved":"1","etype_groups_member_approved":"1","notif_groups_member_join":"1","etype_groups_member_join":"1","notif_groups_notify_creator":"1","etype_groups_notify_creator":"1","notif_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","etype_groups_discussion_newfile":"1","notif_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_groups_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_events_notify_admin":"1","etype_events_notify_admin":"1","notif_events_invite":"1","etype_events_invite":"1","notif_events_invitation_approved":"+1","etype_events_invitation_approved":"1","notif_events_sendmail":"1","etype_events_sendmail":"1","notif_event_notify_creator":"1","etype_event_notify_creator":"1","notif_event_join_request":"1","etype_event_join_request":"1","notif_events_activity_add_comment":"1","etype_events_activity_add_comment":"1","notif_videos_submit_wall":"1","etype_videos_submit_wall":"1","notif_videos_reply_wall":"1","etype_videos_reply_wall":"1","notif_videos_tagging":"1","etype_videos_tagging":"1","notif_videos_like":"1","etype_videos_like":"1","notif_videos_convert_success":"1","etype_videos_convert_success":"1","notif_photos_submit_wall":"1","etype_photos_submit_wall":"1","notif_photos_reply_wall":"1","etype_photos_reply_wall":"1","notif_photos_tagging":"1","etype_photos_tagging":"1","notif_photos_like":"1","etype_photos_like":"1","notif_system_messaging":"1","etype_system_messaging":"1","postFacebookStatus":', SUBSTRING_INDEX(params, ',"postFacebookStatus":', -1));

after that restart the the privacy and notification from backend (see screenshot).

all users privacy and notification will be reset.

I think after this you will not get notification issue again.

Let me know the result.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Finally, it seems to be working now!
Only problem is, what about all of the messages waiting in queue now?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

at email queue, only email with status = pending will be sent. I saw your email queue status is sent for all email.
before fixed, not all email notification exist at queue. but for now/next notification will have on that email queue.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm not sure what you mean. All of the existing emails have not changed but the new ones I tested are now getting out.
Is there some way of having those in queue resent?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

if you want resent that mail queue. you can execute this SQL from your phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `qdmiu_community_mailq` SET  `status` = '0';

after that click "execute cron job" at Mail Queue page.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Wonderful, they are going out like crazy now.

Is there anything else I need to keep an eye on? Is this something which will be fixed in upcoming versions or once the DB change is made, no more issues now?

You helping me fix this was worth the cost of renewal so I thank you and apologize for being so upset.
I still wish some versions were totally bug free so I could take a break from subs now and then. It really really ads up when you have many sites so being able to take a short break now and then helps.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I watched as all of the backed up notices went out for several minutes. However, there are still a lot of them in the queue as blocked? Should I run that command again or will that cause everyone to receive copies?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

I think the default status filter not working well/display wrong status label (issue). But at status field is checked (as icon), that mean is sent. you can try to fillter it.

the filter options will not effect at notification it self. we will fix it in next version. we try to minimize the issue. software always have bug, no any software bug free.

at our next release with version 3.2.x.x will not have any DB changes. but at version 3.3 it will. we will prevent this issue happen again.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In the queue, they all have a green check mark so does that mean they are all sent?

As for the bug, it's been a severe one because when people don't think anything is going on, they don't use the site anymore. I'll have to spend a lot of time trying to recover from this but now that it's working, that will certainly help.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

As for software not being bug free, I have ti disagree. I have been buying, using, maintaining and even writing software now and then for MANY years. I have had many stable versions of all kinds of software but this has started changing with the subscription model. It seems that with the subscription model, most authors have no interest in having bug free software for obvious reasons no matter what they say.

and I do wish you would have fully stable versions and call the others beta.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mike,

yes, green check mark = sent

We will fight to improve our quality :-) to make Jomsocial fully stable.

FYI: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

please visit our user voice, if any input for us.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński