6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Tested the registration system yesterday, and got an email with the Jomsocial logo on top, with all the wrong colors etc... obviously need to change that to MY branding.

Where do I change the content and format of the automatic emails sent from the system?

Thanks,

Tamara

EDIT:

Thanks for the information, but since there are several automated emails to change, and various places that need to be edited, I REQUIRE the following:

The default text for ALL automated emails sent by the system.
The location of ALL language files related to the emails.
The location of ALL CSS and html files related to emails.

I know that there is no easy, built in way to edit the system emails, BUT this is an integral part of the system, so I do need COMPLETE, COMPREHENSIVE and easy to follow instructions. I paid for this system. I expect YOU to tell me how to set it up. I should not have to figure it out myself.

Since there is no way to know what needs to change without knowing what the defaults are, I do NEED information about EVERY email that is going to be sent, and how to change them to suit my site. A link to the relevant section in the documentation would work... assuming that you have this covered in the documentation? It is a HUGE deal, so I should hope so!

Thanks.

Tamara

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You can modify it from the language files.
Please have a look on the suggestion given here for the same matter : www.jomsocial.com/forum/templates-themes...welcome-email#182955
Let me know if you need any other information on this.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for the information, but since there are several automated emails to change, and various places that need to be edited, I REQUIRE the following:

The default text for ALL automated emails sent by the system.
The location of ALL language files related to the emails.
The location of ALL CSS and html files related to emails.

I know that there is no easy, built in way to edit the system emails, BUT this is an integral part of the system, so I do need COMPLETE, COMPREHENSIVE and easy to follow instructions. I paid for this system. I expect YOU to tell me how to set it up. I should not have to figure it out myself.

Since there is no way to know what needs to change without knowing what the defaults are, I do NEED information about EVERY email that is going to be sent, and how to change them to suit my site. A link to the relevant section in the documentation would work... assuming that you have this covered in the documentation? It is a HUGE deal, so I should hope so!

Thanks.

Tamara

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
All the Text we have defined in this file :
ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini
Find the text from line 930 Here : prntscr.com/ikx88s
Each email text is defined in this file, that you can modify as per your needs.

For the email template open ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/email.html.php

This file contains the css code and html code to that display in the emails.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński