The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Welcome email

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there,

I am working on a list to import users to my site according to this: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Users_E..._and_Import_from_CSV

Where do I find the text for the welcome email mentioned, and how do I edit it if necessary?

Also, with the Cron setup, do I need to take any precautions about how many members I add, to prevent spam penalties? Is there a maximum that I need to stick to? Do I need to ask my host?

Thanks,

Tamara

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
Text of welcome email is predefined:

Hi {target}, You have been added to our online community on {site_name} <a href=_QQQ_{site_url}_QQQ_>{site_url}</a> This is your username: {username} And this is your password:{password} Log in to the website to complete your profile and connect with others. You'll be able to create groups and events as well. We look forward to seeing you in our community!

You may change it using Joomla! language override: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Changin...gle_Sentence_or_Word

They will appear on your email queue like this: prntscr.com/he4fmi
No, you don't need to configure cron - just set it up.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the information, BUT while I can edit the footer text, I cannot change the subject line and the body of the email. The method you have provided does not work for that.

I need to know how to change the email subject, AND the body of the email.

In addition, I need to change the color of the links on that email. Where do I edit that? I've already modified the mail email html file... did not fix the links!

Thanks.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the information, BUT while I can edit the footer text, I cannot change the subject line and the body of the email. The method you have provided does not work for that.

I need to know how to change the email subject, AND the body of the email.

In addition, I need to change the color of the links on that email. Where do I edit that? I've already modified the mail email html file... did not fix the links!

Thanks.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Each part of any emails are language constants: subject, body and footer. So this method works for each of them. You just need to find correct constant and change text for it.

Look for word "SUBJECT" in file: ROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini

And you'll have few results:

E.g:

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_IMPORT_USER_WELCOME_SUBJECT="Welcome to the %1$s"
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_PUBLISHED_MAIL_SUBJECT="Creation of {group} group has been approved."
COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_PUBLISHED_MAIL_SUBJECT="Creation of {event} event has been approved."
COM_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT_APPROVED_SUBJECT="Your account has been approved."

Type MESSAGE and you'll find body test e.g:

COM_COMMUNITY_USERS_NEW_USER_MESSAGE="Dear %s !.\nYou're already a new member of %s.\nYou can access with information below.\nURL: %s.\nUsername: %s.\nPassword: %s.\nThank you and see you soon!."
COM_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT_APPROVED_MESSAGE="Your account has been approved and you may now log in to the site at %1$s.\nThis e-mail contains the your registration details:\n\nName: %2$s\nE-mail: %3$s\nUsername: %4$s\n\nPlease do not respond to this message. This message is automatically generated and is sent for your information only."
COM_COMMUNITY_NEW_TAB="Open link in new tab."

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry, but that DOES NOT WORK.

I have searched that file for the text string "Welcome to the" which by your instructions should be the subject line of the email. The ONLY result that yields is COM_COMMUNITY_GROUP_META_DESCRIPTION="Welcome to the %1$s group page. Join %2$s now to start participating in the group. %3$s"

This is not the first time I have edited a language file, but it also does not work for this.

So could you please figure out what I DO need to do, and let me know?

Also, please let me know where to change the color of the links in the footer. This is NOT in the email html file that I have already edited.

THANKS.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

From constant you provided I presume that you checked:

ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini

Not the file I mentioned:

ROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini

Emails are sent from BACKEND so you need to check backend langauge file - not frontend.

Any colors and whole email layout is defined in this file: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/email.html.php
Copy it to: ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/ (if you don't have those folders - feel free to create them)
Then you may safely edit it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński