Reciving Email notification

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lion
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi, since i have update JS, the users do not get email notification.
I have tried to change my email adress from two Testusers but i get only Emailnotification from my admin user when i logged in, in joomla backend or if there is a new member
=> But he do not get also normal messages, ....i have seen that email notification is activated in Backend.
Maybe it's just a little problem.....i don´t know.

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

May I know the kind of email / notification ? and if possible provide me the sample user to test and how to replicate it.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lion
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

It´s resolved, Thank you.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

glad to know that :)

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lion
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi, back again => please give me the link zu the older Version from JS with the old message System!
I thought it was only a few People, included me but there are more People with this Problem.
I have solved for me while i changed my emailadress but i can´t ask all members to Change there emailadress.....
Please send me the Link to downgrade

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Laurentiru,

Already replied here www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/375...-notification#181321 :)

thank you!

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lion
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

I have renewed JS License and hoped that some problems was fixed. I installed the newest version and i get from some members again the info. that they do not receive Email-Notification if they get a new Chatmessage.
=> At the begin i thougt that only i have this problem and i changed my emailadress (and saw that it worked again) i think there are more members because the activity is going drastic back. from ~2000 to ~1000 a week.
1) I tested this again and i see that new users get infomails, i tested it with 2 older test-accounts from me and they do not receive infomails
2) I send now a massmail to all members and it is strange. Now (after 20min later) i get the messages to this 2 older test-accounts also. => But some users send me also a info that they do not get Email-Notification! (Different Providers)

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Laurentiu.

Always check Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mail queue. If emails are listed there with sent status - they ware sent.
Receiving them is a different story. It may be that they landed in spam.
We can't do anything with recipient mailbox as they may have different spam filers or your email IP may be black listed.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński