6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hello
I am using Jomsocial 4.3.3 and Socialize template 2.1.3 actually, and doing some tests to verify that everything is working fine in my Project, I realized that not all, for instance I did these tests:

1. Registered a new user
2. Recover his password
3. Change the password and some options in his profile
4. Login, logout, navigate throught the plataform, Upload some pictures and Create a new group and an event
5. Eliminate those actions: pictures uploaded, groups and events created
6. Delete his own profile

Those actions are really basic tests, but I could not do the tests: 2, 3 y 5

Talking about recover the user´s password, the system showed me an error about an “invalid token”. Also I couldn´t change the password and other options, changes were not saved into the data base, and finally I didn´t see the option to eliminate groups or events created by the registered user.

I tried to resolve those issues doing these actions:
• Desactivating cache system
• Desactivating friendly urls joomla feature
• Deleting cache files of joomla and the browser I am using, several times
• Desactivating several apps that I have installed with Joomla 3.6.5 until only to have activated just jomsocial and socialized template!!!

Other apps that I am using are:
• ARK Editor 2.1.3
• RSFirewall 2.11.8
• RSForms 1.52.11
• RSSEO 1.20.7
• Email as Username 5.37
• Chat Jbolo 3.2.8
• JS Profile Completeness (readybits) 4.2.0
• Gtranslate 3.7.2
• Social Ads 3.1.8
• Acymailing Enterprice 5.7.0.2
• Artdata 2.2.9
This Project is using php 7.0 fastcgi and memory is enough 800 Mb!

And nothing worked!, it were the same results at the beginning, so I am thinking the problem could be some bugs in Jomsocial and / or socialize template, so I am requesting your support to check what is happening in my Project.

I realized that when I desactived the Firewall the only thing I could do was “change the user´s password”, may be there are some bugs with the firewall I am using or may be the firewall is fine and the bugs belong to jomsocial and / or socialize template, the other tests had the same results using ONLY jomsocial and socialize template, so if there is any bug with the firewall I am using, I will see it after you check these basic issues in jomsocial and socialize template!

If you want to desactivate all the other apps that I am using and only use jomsocial and socialize template, go ahead and you will see what I am talking about, but it would be really important doing all the 6 tests I mentioned.

PLEASE, DO NOT UPDATE JOOMLA, JOMSOCIAL OR SOCIALIZE TEMPLATE, without comunícate that action to me first if you need to do that!

Please, any change, any action that you do in my site I need to know exactly, what did you do?, so I will be able to write it down for future reference.

Also, if you need to upload or eliminate any file by ftp, you will have to coordinate with me that action!

This is your access to check these issues:

<removed for security reason>

Is that ok for you?

Thank you so much!

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

Thank you for contacting us,
This forum is public so posting your site access credentials is like asking to be hacked ^^.
Please, better change them.

Then, please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I do not understand why do I have to use a diferent domain that jomsocial.com to get your support???
If I am requesting your support by jomsocial.com and I am using my account, why this is a public forum???
I am requesting support in "Get support" feature in my account!!! why this is public???

How can I request your support in a secure way using my account???

why do I have to register in a new domain diferent that jomsocial.com to get your support????

I don´t know prntscr.com, what is this???

Can we use only jomsocial.com to get your support in a secure way???

I do not understand!!!!
I already changed the access!

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Adolfo.

No one asked you to use different domain - your license is here and your support as well.
It's public forum as posts can be viewed by other JS license holders so they can benefit from answers (if they seek for solutions for similar issues).
Your account IS NOT public - forum is.
To provide us your site credentials in secure way - please, follow my instructions from my previous post.
Again, no one asked you to register new domain.
prntscr.com is service that hosts images... you may click it safely.
Please, follow my instruction from my previous post and don't panic ^^

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello
As you can see in the attachments (images) I do not see more options to write the text of the problem at: prnt.sc/fk3hdg and then at prnt.sc/fk3hwz put the admin credentials for you!!

is that ok? how can I use that service? do I have to upload only images?? I do not see any buttons or something like that!!! What it seems like buttons are only images!! what is this???
I had to stop my firewall at all to use prntscr.com!!! and I saw what you see in those images!!!

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Adolfo.

Describe your issue in main text field - just like you already did.
In additional text field just provide site credentials.
That's all.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I can not use prntscr.com, I see everything like an image, I do not have any enabled button or text field to put the text you need!!!
I had to stop my firewall at all, to see if the firewall was blocking prntscr.com and it is the same result!!!
Here in Jomsocial.com I see text field like this, buttons enabled but in prntscr.com I see everything like an image, again, I do not have any enabled button or text field to put the text you need!!!
why???
I can send you an email with all the information you need! It would be so simple.

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Adolfo.

It seems you don't understand. prntscr.com contains an IMAGE only to show you things. You won't be able to click anything there as they are IMAGE... photos...
They are like instruction what to click here, on our forum to safely provide credentials.

prntscr.com hosts just images.. clicking on them will be like to touch a person on photo... :)

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

ok, please check

2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Adolfon.

I'm sorry but... what I have to check?
Printscreens in my original post works and depict what to click in our forum when editing a post...
I don't understand why you have issues with adding that info...

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok, Doing several tests I realized that Jomsocial has big issues when someone works with a diferent language than english, for instance spanish.
So I invite you to download a language package, any, whatever, then try to use Jomsocial doing BASIC test like
register a new user
change his password
recover his password
upload photos, create events, groups
delete those actions
delete the profile
and you will see when an administrator change the language in administrator and site, you will see several issues!!!
This has been really frustrating to me for several months!!!

And talking about prnscr.com it is too complicate it, I did not understand how it works in a secure way and clearly and why do we have to use that service instead of jomsocial.com plataform???

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo

prnscr.com is used ONLY to show you an image... a photo what you should click when editing or creating post at jomsocial.com
It doesn't matter what service we'll use - it has nothing to do with jomsocial.com... just showing picture.
You don't have to do ANYTHING at prnscr.com... just watch image.
Then edit your first post at jomsocial.com forum

I can't do or say anything regarding issues that you report as I can't see them... for weeks you can't understand how to safely provide us your site credentials.

Please, watch this video so you may understand what I'm asking you!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCkPOQLnnBk

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adolfo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Now it is clear, but remember, when you send a link (giving support), you are sending an address to a different domain than jomsocial, so while you were seeing an image in that link I was seeing a diferent domain than jomsocial, a diferent address, where I was seeing a register button and other options, and that was confuse to me! It would be easier to understand this since the beginnig to attach those images in your reply! anyway forget us this!

Now I have a new issue when I try to delete a user (canelo user) from the users manager menu in the backend, and I do not know who to solve this problem (this issue appeared after I did a complete backup process: files and database)
An error has occurred.
1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `#__community_profile_stats` (`uid`,`type`,`count`,`date`) VALUES ('301','points','0','2017-07-24')

Also, remember what I said, I think spanish language is the problem in all of this, if you change to english language and deactivate the firewall (I already did this), I guess everything should work fine, I guess!!!

I am really tired!!!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adolfo.

Thank you for contacting us.
Nevermind, I'm glad that you finally understood how to provide site credentials safely.

1062 Duplicate entry error doesn't sems to be related with language... but we'll need to investigate this.
Please, edit your first post and provide us your database access PHPmyAdmin.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński