Socialize with latest Jomsocial

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Will my Socialize 2.0 template work with latest Jomsocial, or should I finally just throw away the whole jomsocial thingy? I can't even read old forum posts, and am getting overwhelmingly fed up with all the forced purchases.

Thank you.

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Trude.

Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, latest version of JomSocial should work with Socialize 2.0.
You're not forced to anything, you may stay with versions that actually work for you. it's up to you if you want to get access to latest version or Support Forum.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you, but this is not quite true. After upgrading Joomla, the Jomsocial backend disappears (you know the well known error), and I seemingly have to purchase a subscription for the fix, even though I have been a pro paying customer and wish to continue using my current build. So, forced new subscription for every little whatever might happen.

But thank you for your quick response.

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Trude.

No, you don't have to :) We prepared a free patch for users that have expired subscription. Please, read this: www.jomsocial.com/blog/joomla-3-6-jomsoc...tibility-issue-patch

We do care for our users no matter if they do or don't have valid subscription ;)

I hope this will help you ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Yes, I tried the simple patch (last mentioned in article) by replacing core.php, but it broke the site (went blank). Rest of the links about this error goes to forum posts I'm not allowed to read.

Thank you ;)

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Trude.

When site goes blank you experience WSOD - White Screen of Death :)
What means that you have php fatal error.
In that case enable Joomla! error reportings in Backend -> System -> Global configuration ->Server -> Error reportings -> Maximum
Then post error notice here... at least I'll take a look.

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you.

«Fatal error: Class 'cobject' not found in [...]/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 1622»

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Trude.

Hmmm... it may be that version that you use is too old for that patch.
What version do you use? 4.1.x?

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I see I have 4.0.9 installed, but I actually think it must have gotten rolled rolled back after hackers forced us to use an old backup in october. What was the last version I had license for when as it says it expired «293 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes ago (02-18-2016)»? And how do I get my hands on that version when I used the iJoomla updater and never actually got the files??

Thank you.

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Trude.

When your subscription was active you had access to files here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses
Now that access is suspended... even if it would be active you'll have access to latest version only.
Your latest version was 4.1.6.
We don't host outdated versions and we usually don't do that... but I'll send you copy :)
You'll need to upgrade to that version and apply patch.

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you, that's very kind.

But after the upgrade to package from a subscription that ran out less than a year ago, I still get the same error (frontend and backend) as mentioned before, after applying the new core.php file: «Fatal error: Class 'cobject' not found in [...]/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 1622».

Meaning I was right that we're unable to use the product for even a year without a subscription?

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Trude.

Hmmm, this case is an exception. Issue was caused by changes in Joomla! so we couldn't predict that.
Changes needed in JomSocial 4.1.6 to work with Joomla! 3.6.4 are to extensive to provide solution for it.
I'm sorry but it seems that in this case you'll need to renew and upgrade to latest version... or downgrade Joomla!

I hope that we'll provide some discounts for Winter Holidays so it may be a good time to purchase renew in lower price.

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you, I would love to be alerted of a discount.

But I must admit it doesn't feel very special that I am forced to renew, as the product becoming useless has been the reason also for prior renews. I understand that you are running a business, but as a customer I do feel trapped between spending weeks building a new community, and purchasing JomSocial Pro. Again.

Thank you anyway, for trying to help :)

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Trude.

I'll keep in mind to notice you about the discount.
Please, don't look at this as being "forced". As I mentioned before - this issue is caused by Joomla! and couldn't be predicted by us. Joomla! team also didn't noticed us that they make changes in core. I understand your point of view as I'm also a customer (we all are :) ) I remember when I had to upgrade my operating system and graphic card in order to play game that I purchased... I also felt a bit forced to do that... but that's a progress and evolution. There are also benefits from upgrading - 4.1.6 has a security hole that was fixed in one of recent upgrades... new features ware also added.

I'm not trying to justify the issue as at the end only your point of view counts for you... but I hope that I explained that we're not "greedy company" that wants customer money and gives nothing in return.

Please, follow our blog and FB page so you won't miss next deals... but if you do - please, contact me I'll figure out something for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: azri
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński