Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Uploading video through Amayon S3 and Zencoder is not working

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Whenever am trying to upload any video (frontend) the uploaded video stuck in the pending video. stay without thumbnail. It is not uploaded through S3 amazon. I have changed the remote storage into S3 amazon bucket. I copied the policy of zencoder to the S3 bucket but still does not work. could you please check it for me

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 uploading video stuck in the pending video without thumbnail
2 Changed the remote storage to the S3 amazon, however it seems that it does not work
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi bahaaeldin,

I already updated your amazon S3 configuration, because it was wrong.. please check again and run cron job.

thank you!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
Thank you for the correction. However, I still can not upload video through the front-end. The uploaded video turns to and stuck in pending videos. once I clicked on it, It does not work. The original video as *.WMV. By checking the path of the uploaded video, it turns out that the uploaded video is uploaded through my server but not through Amazon S3 bucket.

Any idea please here.

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Have you setup cron job? documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Cron_Job

I also found your cron job is broken,and get this error

Operation timed out

Please make sure your server config is using our recommendation value from here documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/System_Requirements

thank you

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
I have configured and setup the Cron Job and activated on my server. I have also completed the Path to FFMPEG. The size of video upload was increased till 200 MB. However, still my uploaded video stuck in pending video. Did I forget any step here. Could you please check it.

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

whenever I upload the video I receive this email from cron process

"Lynx file "/etc/lynx.lss" is not available.
"

does it lead to the problem?

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

If lynx doesnt work, you need to try to use wget :

wget -O /dev/null "http://www.phd-lab.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron" > /dev/null

or use 3rd party cron system like easycron.com

thank you!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I have tried wget on my server but I received this error
"
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
"

So I decided to use a third party (easy corn) I have received this message to the email

"Dear User,

Your cron job(#296256) "S3" has been successfully executed.

The following is the URL of this cron job:

www.bzoor.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron

Best Regards,
EasyCron.co"

Howevery, My video stuck in pending and not be concverted and listed in video window . i can no also see the video . When I upload FLV it said " an error ocured" when I upload WMV said under process and notify you later" but still no video listed/ uploaded. I have checked my Bucket in amazon no video there uploaded

I have no clue anymore I need a support please!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

could you please try to upload any video through the front-end of my website. just to get an idea with the problem?

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

- I need your phpmyadmin access
- I also need your htaccess password on backend

thank you!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,
I edited the first post and attached the access data you requested. Please let me know your feedback

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please chck again, it should be fine now.. this issue caused by region value on config, I already deleted it

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you Dimas yes it works fine now.

There is only one issue. Whenever I upload FLV OR MP4 as more than approximately (60MB) I normally received " the file extension is not supported. However, I have added these extenstion through > content> media> extension. but still I receive these message. Any idea for this issue?

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Uploaded mp4 and works fine, I think caused by case sensitive file type.. I already added flv, FLV and mp4 MP4 :)

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński