Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Remote Storage - Amazon S3 - Breaking Cron

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

JomSocial,

I am going to start off with stating that the video uploads, when using Zencoder enabled with S3, functions properly. The video uploads, trans-codes, and is successfully deposited onto S3 where I can view it from my site. However, now onto the problem...

When I switch the remote integration setting from Local to Amazon S3 the Cron URL begins returning an "Unable to reach host 500 error." As a result all of the files continue to upload to the Local instead of being directed to Amazon S3. However the unique part is that even when the Cron is returning a 500 error I am still able to upload videos and they are processed every time the Cron is scheduled. As a result the Cron does not appear completely unresponsive.

If you will provide me assistance with resolving this problem it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steven Dunn

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

Just replicated it and seemw working fine saviorconnect.com/saviorconnect/973-joms...videos/video/44-test

Please you wait a bit after cron job processed, it will work fine then

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

The video is pulling properly from Amazon S3. However the images on the site are not being forwarded to Amazon S3 even after attempting to run the cron job multiple times. As long as it is set on Amazon S3 for images I receive a 500 error when attempting to process the cron and the images are being stored and loaded locally.

I appreciate your assistance.

-Steven

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Which image do you mean? I give the screenshoot, I think the image stored to amazon as well..

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Oh ya I found the bug.. I get this error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /home/saviorcn/public_html/components/com_community/libraries/storage/s3_lib.php on line 1818

Please you install mime.magic library in your php setting for solving this..

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

I have installed Mime Magic via EasyApache and verified that it is enabled in the PHP settings. Additionally I am now receiving the following error on the Remote Storage page in JomSocial. This was not happening previously.

Notice: Undefined index: in /home/saviorcn/public_html/administrator/templates/isis/html/message.php on line 24

Please advise.

Thank you,
Steven Dunn

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

This error Notice: Undefined index: in /home/saviorcn/public_html/administrator/templates/isis/html/message.php on line 24 is different issue, this is joomla issue and alrady fixed by them.. github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/2421

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

I am already running the latest version of Joomla and this issue did not appear until just two days ago. I request that you provide assistance in resolving this problem.

I appreciate your time working on these issues.

-Steven

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

have you contacted the joomla developer/forum for this, because the isis template issue is not from jomsocial side.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

Would switching to a different admin (back-end) template resolve this issue?

Sincerely,
Steven Dunn

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

I have now changed my administrator template to "Hathor" and the previous error message is no longer appearing when attempting to run the cron job. However, I now have a different error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /home/saviorcn/public_html/components/com_community/libraries/storage/s3_lib.php on line 1818

Please assist in resolving this issue as with this template it partially breaks the Joomla back-end. Thus it is not an usable solution.

Sincerely,
Steven Dunn

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

If you wanna use S3 feature you need enable mime library in your php config, I suggest you contact your hosting provide for this,

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

As per the following article mime has been removed as of PHP 5.3. The use of any older version of PHP is a security risk.

www.php.net/manual/en/mime-magic.installation.php

Please advise.

-Steven Dunn

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I aware with this issue... and already talked to our dev, we need change the mime function to the similiar function which supported with php > 5.3

But for time being can you need make sure you can install this php library : mod_mime_magic, mod_mime

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński