Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Issues retrieving images from Amazon S3

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have JomSocial successfully connected to Amazon S3 for all images. So far it appears that there are no problems with uploading images. I am not confident that images are being deleted from S3 as expected but the problem I am having is primarily with user and group covers.

To produce the issue:

Profile Covers
1) Upload a Profile Cover image. (Appears to work fine)
2) The image is available for viewing on the front and backend
3) After several minutes, the Profile Cover image will no longer be visible from the profile view
4) Similarly, the image is not available from the backend (Image thumbnail and metadata are missing from record)

Group Covers
1) Upload a Group Cover image. (Appears to work fine)
2) The image is available for viewing on the front and backend
3) The Group Cover image remains visible from the Group View on the frontend
4) The image will is not available from the backend (Image thumbnail and metadata are missing)

Any other information required will be provided on request. As a note, this is a new site (not in production)

Thx... Kevin

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Bump... Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for delay answer, when I check your website I get this message :

Error: 403 - You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Can you verify it please?

Also can you make sure you already using the newest version 3.1.0.1

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Really...? I am currently logged into both the front end an backend... domain seems to be resolving fine.

Yes... I am currently running the latest version of JS. I have decided to completely uninstall and install fresh. The integration with S3 is completely unpredictable as the install sits now... I am also unable to delete any of the S3 folders created in the S3 bucket... This is completely odd.

The biggest problem is that the cron job is not performing all of the expected tasks. Only some photos are moved to S3 while other remain on the server. There is absolutely no cleanup being performed.

Have you seen anything like this before... I will follow up after the reinstall with the results.

-Kevin

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

Ehm, for that deleting files in s3, currently we dont have the functions, but I will try to disscuss this issue with our developer.

Thank you for your reporting

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Without a cleanup function, S3 support for storage will be expensive and useless for sites with lots of traffic.

This is too bad...!

Thx

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

I already reported this to our deveoper, not sure will be available or not in next version, because we still have lot of tasks to do :)

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

After performing a complete reinstall of the latest JS 3.1.0.1, I can confirm that the issue still exists as described.

Impact to Profile Cover:

1) Cover image is uploaded and as viewable.
2) Once the cron task is run, the cover is moved to S3 storage but JS is still trying to load the cover image from the local server
3) The photo viewer from the backend is also attempting to load ALL images from the local server and not S3

This appears to be a bug to me...!

Thx,

-K

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry about that... By default I am blocking the Asia IP space... The restriction is removed so you should be able to get to the site now...

Thx...

-k

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Error: 403 - You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Sorry about that... By default I'm blocking the Asia IP space... The restriction is removed so you should be able to get to the site now...

-k

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Ehm, for that deleting files in s3, currently we don't have the functions, but I will try to discuss this issue with our developer.

Dimas,

Somehow I don't believe this is true. I have been doing some thorough testing and found that some cleanup is being performed of the S3 storage. I am currently only testing the avatar and cover images for both profiles and groups.

For Profile & Group Covers:
1) Upload and deletion of both profile and group cover images to S3 storage is working correctly.
2) Group covers display on the front end as expected. Do NOT display on backend when images are located on S3 storage.
3) Profile covers do NOT display on frontend or backend when images are located on S3 storage.

For Profile & Group Avatars:
1) Upload of both profile and group avatar images to S3 storage is working correctly.
2) Not all files are removed from local server after avatars are moved to S3 storage. ( See Thread )

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thank you for explanation..

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any confirmation on this issue?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

I already reported those issues, and our developer already fixed the first issue and will go inspect to the second issue as well.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński