Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Many 3.1 issues with videos and photos

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, muhanad.

Could you try to set up a new - clean installation, only with JomSocial (latest version).
Then you could check if this issue also apply to new installation.
Then we'll know if this is installation or more likely server issue...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Michal,

I did. the same problem with videos not playable.Find info attached how to access new installation website

Regards,

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Muhanad.

Then it should be server environment.
Try what Dimas (he is that developer I mentioned before :) suggest: www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/12...hotos?start=28#70997

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I'm trying to be as nice as possible but shame on you jomsocial support team, you let me down and i really can't believe that you don't even read my answers

AS MENTIONED I did follow dimas suggestion and reinstalled ffmpeg www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/12...os/reply/71326#71154 but i can't know if its working since old and new uploaded videos don't play. now you are going to tell me then ffmpeg problem,
Then i will tell you why then my videos were playable in Australia then?

PLEASE I BEG YOU don't make me lose more time .. this issue is ridiculously late. I want ONE support staff to deal with me so we think through it step by step. PLEASE i have been a customer for years now and im stuck and need urgent help

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, muhanad.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience. Your case is really complicated as some of us can play videos when others can't.
And yes, it takes time to figure out what causes that issue.

I have THREE ideas left.

But first I need access to your development site (that copy I asked you for). We'll try to use JomSocial 3.2 beta and see if new HTML5 markup will work in your case.

So, please provide us with credential to developer site or confirm that we can use existing one.

Do I have your permission to copy your site and debug it on my server?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I left the details in this post. Yes you have my permission

Regards,

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Muhanad.

Please, check if you can play this video: prolusatia.nazwa.pl/test-muhanad/index.p...ideoid=199&Itemid=27

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Yes i can, there is no thumbnail but i can play it.

Regards,

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Muhanad.

What version of FFMPEG you had installed previously and what version you installed?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Muhanad.

We was working on your issue with whole team. We had even special meeting regarding your case.
We come to conclusion that your issue is server related. Let me explain why:

1. Now videos are converter properly. In ROOT/images/videos/62 are a lot failed files... but from 01.03.2014 (20:58) all files become converted (about that hour you posted on forum and confirmed that you reinstalled FFMPEG).

2. Yes, you can't play videos but you can see that they are gone form Pending page. I addition you can Fetch thumbnail and you'll get confirmation that thumbnail is fetched. All this confirms that conversion works.

3. Also when I moved your site to my server all videos become playable: prolusatia.nazwa.pl/test-muhanad/index.p...ideoid=198&Itemid=27 (I haven't touched the code or DB, just disabled SEF and enabled site, for testing purposes)

4. I can play all videos on Ubuntu Linux FireFox (see att.). I uploaded avi file and it was converted to mp4. In case that conversion not work I couldn't play this file as it is unsupported AVI.

5. From whole JomSocial Support staff only I can play videos on your site (old an new, mp4 and flv... all converted). For some reason onlu Linux FireFox is able to do that.

All of this points directly to your server. Try to do last thing: copy whole site to another server... you can find a hosting provider that offers short free trial periods (remember to unlock folder images/videos in Akeeba, in other case it will be not archived). Videos should work on another server - just like they play on mine.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński