Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration sending users to another site.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there,
Just doing some tests on my development site and after registering I get sent to my live site.
The registration does occur on my development site, but the front end page is stuck on the registration form.
See screencast.com/t/mTNXX1YU
i asked the folks at OpenSource for help and they said that I should contact you instead.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

Thank you for contacting us.
I was able to replicate issue on your site.
Please, could you upgrade JomSocial to latest version and check again?
Did you customized JS in any way?
Also, try to disable sclogin and check if this changes anything.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks man. Must I go to your website to check for updates, then download, then install latest version? Why not a one-click button on the dashboard that does this? Or am I missing it. The SCLogin worked before and I believe I did an upgrade already for JomSocial so I suspect it's the upgrade.

I'm at version 4.3.5. Is there another upgrade?

Thanks for your help.
Peter

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I'm having difficulty upgrading. I downloaded the latest version but whenever I try to install it nothing happens. See: screencast.com/t/WYccO9oI

Also SCLogin took me a long time to set up and I'm not too happy to disable it, plus how would I test the login. Besides it was working up until recently so it can't be a problem with SCLogin.

Thanks for your help.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

Please, check your server max_upload_filesize parameter. It seems it's too low as our package is over 8MB. This should be set to 64M.
You have 3rd party extension that handle login and redirection... JomSocial shouldn't redirect to external URL during log in.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Already set to 100mb a long time ago. I asked the guys who made SCLogin and they said this is being caused by Jomsocial. Would be really great if you can solve this for me.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Anybody home? I need to upgrade Jomsocial to fix my issues and I can't get a simple process to work. Can I get someone's attention please?

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

I apologize for delay, I was 2 days off the office.
Please, edit your first post and provide your database credentials (MyPHPadmin).

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Understood. I got a bit crabby because I was impatient, but really appreciate your attention. One of your colleagues "Dimas" seems to be on the case. Just want to make sure you're aware of that. I opened another post on only my JS upgrade. I can't provide that info as my site is on a developer's server.

If you absolutely need it I'll ask, but it may take a day to get the info. Better you give me specific instructions on what you need done and I'll ask them to do it. Better though if you have another solution.

Let me know.

Thanks again for your attention.
Peter

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

I don't know what is causing the issue so was about to investigate it.
That's why I need db access :) It may be something in db records as JomSocial shouldn't do redirect like that.
I saw your new thread... www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/372...upgrade-doesn-t-work
So I lock that one and Dimas will continue on new one.
He'll contact you at Monday.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński