Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Installing 4.4 upgrade doesn't work

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I had another problem with new user registration and I was asked to upgrade JS, but I can't. I posted this in another thread, but no one responds.

"Hi,
I'm having difficulty upgrading. I downloaded the latest version but whenever I try to install it nothing happens. See: screencast.com/t/WYccO9oI

Also SCLogin took me a long time to set up and I'm not too happy to disable it, plus how would I test the login. Besides it was working up until recently so it can't be a problem with SCLogin.

Thanks for your help."

I was told to change my system max upload limit to at least 64mb but it was already set at 100mb. See screencast.com/t/1M476bsoI
And no one has responded since. So I'm trying with a new topic and hoping I can get some help. Thanks.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The maximum upload size is 8MB, please you upgrade to 16MB.. and try to upgrade again..

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,
Thanks for responding. As you'll see in the screencast above, the maximum upload size is set to 100mb. Here it is again:
screencast.com/t/1M476bsoI

Perhaps I'm configuring the wrong thing. So could you tell me where to make this change?

Would appreciate it.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI Peter,

Please you change post_max_size from php.ini..

Also, I able install from another method, but I need your FTP access :)

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for trying Dimas. I think I need to tell you that I'm not very technical, so when you say "Please you change post_max_size from php.ini.." I don't know how to do that.
Perhaps there is some documentation on this you can send?

Also, I can't provide you with FTP access because it's not on my server. However I do have a component called "Profiles" available in the components drop down list that gives you access to all of the files.

Thanks again for your help. Would really love to be working with the latest version of JS so I can things set up at last without the problems I've been having.

Peter

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any news? This is in my critical path.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

If you don't know how to do it, please, contact with your hosting support.
I'm sure they will help you.
Also, you may use alternative method of installing - folder install:

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/ho...p-folder-in-joomla-3
extensions.joomla.org/blog/item/3-ways-t...l-joomla-extensions/

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Wow. Since you guys asked me to do this it's been a week and now you throw me back to my hosting provider and I've already said this is not my server.

Thanks very much.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

You can't install the package as server settings do not meet our system requirements.
If you don't have access to server - ask someone who has. We can't change your server settings.
Package is quite big. But I provided you with an alternative solution - folder install.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński