Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Facebook - unidentified error

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
As many here I am having an issue with facebook login. I have done everything according to the documentation ( documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect ). At first I was getting problems already at step 31. I was getting an error by simply clicking the "login with facebook" button.

Afterwards, I have applied the following changes:
1. www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...s-read-stream#138129
2. www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...t-log-in-user#137831

After that I was able to get to the step 38 of the documentation during which I also get the undefined error. I am stuck here. It seems like I've applied all the changes that I could find on the forum. I have also followed all the instructions regarding App creation on facebook. Few minutes ago I even submitted the user_status item for a review, but I am not sure whether that was necessary.

One more finding. If I try to login as the developer of the App, I get the following error (the same as many others): gyazo.com/fe7acb65ba8bb8a28eaa206c543d1a31

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Open the website in a browser
2 Open the standard login
3 Click "login with facebook button"

RESULT
Unidentified error

EXPECTED RESULT
Successful login

BROWSER
Google Chrome

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you update Joomla version to 3.4.3 for fixing this issue.

thank you

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Unfortunately, this didn't really help. I've just updated the Joomla to 3.4.3, but the problem is still there.

Whenever I try to use the facebook login in the upper right part of my header, I get the "Invalid Scopes: read_stream."
Whenever I try to use the facebook login in the login form over the slider, I get to step 36, click "create" button and get the "Undefined error".

I am a bit stuck here.

Attachments:
8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

ehm weird, please you try to re-install jomsocial, and if you dont mind with you joomla as well, and if this issue still exist please you apply this patch www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...defined-error#139287

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Weird indeed. Did that all, but still no result. Had to unpublish the facebook login module, as the website is already online. Do you have any other ideas? Still getting stuck at step 36.

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Would you mind provide me FTP access, please? I will check the code directly.

thank you

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Could you please give me you IP first? I need to add it to a whitelist on my server, before you can connect to it via FTP.

Cheers

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

This is my IP address 36.72.3.90

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Sorry for a delay, it took some time to contact the hosters.

I've added the FTP credentials to this ticket.

Lookind froward to your findings.

Regards,
Konstantin

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am sorry, I am using dynamic IP and my router was rebooted, can you disable the IP address restricted for awhile, please?

anyway, if you want you can try to use jomsocial beta 4.1 www.jomsocial.com/blog/jomsocial41-beta1 , but you should test it on your dev site first.. this issue should be totally fixed there

PS : my new IP 222.124.126.196

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński