Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Facebook Connect Error

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When users on my site try to log in using Facebook it takes them through the Facebook approval screen where they can choose to import their avatar or not, but then the next URL is metoperachorus.com/index.php?Itemid=1
and not metoperachorus.com/index.php/component/community/?Itemid=1

Therefore they are logged in but are given a 404 Error page.

Is there a basic issue with the way I have set up JomSocial?

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

The problem there is that you've previously experienced, these problems because your application settings on your facebook application error still exists.

You can visit your page www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/14427-facebook-problem to resolve this issue.

Warm Regards

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have filled in the fields that were missing in the Facebook app but now I am getting a blank pop up when I try to log in with Facebook.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

There were some fields that still needed to be filled in. I did so but now I am getting a blank pop up when I try to log in with Facebook.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy

Maybe there are still some fields that have not been filled in correctly.
Below is a capture of the facebook apps development and see which are marked with red color

Attachment setting-basic.jpg not found

Attachment setting-advance.jpg not found

Attachment setting-migration.jpg not found

Attachment statusReview.jpg not found

Attachment app_details_2014-03-21.jpg not found

if there is still not understood or can not, please give me your facebook account so that I can that setting

Warm regards

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you so much for the detailed response! I did fill in missing fields in the Facebook app preferences but I am still getting a blank pop up screen on the site both on the home page login and the JomSocial main page login.

the app page is developers.facebook.com/x/apps/264055903755368/settings/

My homepage is metoperachorus.com

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

Ah, i got caught by facebook security questions.. i can't login to your facebook account.. Can you help me to activate your FB connect using your API key and Secret Key? by the way, i can't login into your administrator page.. did you changed administrator login??

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I noticed you got caught and approved it. Perhaps you can try again?

Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Dear Timothyt,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We apparently had a real issue on our forum and some posts simply were not visible for us. I realize this is very late, but is there anything we can do for you at this time? Do you still need help with this issue?

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński