Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cannot Edit Profile

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, I have jomsocial 4.3.4 and users cannot edit their profile... I came to the site to get jomsocial 4.5 as I was directed to do by the upgrade feature of joomla, and I cannot access the upgrade. If I do not qualify for the upgrade, how do I fix my editing of the profile

Call to undefined method CStringHelper::str_ireplace()

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You are using latest Joomla with Jomsocial 4.3 that is not compatible with Joomla
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Joomla_Versions_Compatibility
You need to update Josmocial manually.
Kindly take backup of site first because in latest 45 version we have Chat feature that replaces the inbox.

Have a look here: www.jomsocial.com/blog/jomsocial-4-4-4-w...ons-is-now-available

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Chris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That's fine... are you saying that I have to repurchase software because it won't work? That would be unfair as I didn't break my software... If you are requiring a new purchase than you need to issue out the older version with bug fixes for people who have already paid. I'm only asking because as I stated above I cannot access any files in jomsocial.com......downloads.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The older version is working fine with the compatible Joomla version.
The issue is you updated your Joomla to the latest version and the version you have installed it not support.
Kindly check the compatibility of JS with Joomla here documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Joomla_Versions_Compatibility
upgrade of Jomsocial needs an active membership. If you will use compatible Joomla version the issue should not be there.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński