Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

"{target}" instead of the friend name

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,
please see this screenshot:

This message contains confidential information

There is the string "{target}" instead of the friend name.

This problem is only in the frontend. In the backend, I see correctly the friends names, as you can see:

I have JomSocial 4.5 on Joomla 3.8.5, installed on localhost (PHP 7.1, IIS 8.5, Windows Server 2012 R2)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Francesco Galgani
Do not worry we will help you to fix it, for this, we need to access your site to check the problem.
Kindly put the site live and share the site details for mods/staff with FTP account details (do not post them in public post)
At this time it's on localhost and we are unable to check the issue.
Let me know with a reply after posting the details here.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, thank you. I can upload the website to a testing VPS and then I will provide you a ssh login. Is it ok?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
We need site super user admin Logoin and FTP account details so we can access the files to check this issue.
Please share them for Mods/Staff when you reply.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

First of all, thank you for your support.
I uploaded my web site (that is in a development state) to a VPS and I created FTP credentials for you. I put the site details in the Admin/Mod section.

This live copy of the web site is for you only: I need a solution of the bug reported in this thread and of the (more important) bug that I reported here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/388...e-group-join-request

I hope you will find a repeatable solution for both these bugs. If so, please write me step by step how to replicate the bug fixes in my localhost.

Feel free to do any change or test to this web site: if something will break, it's not a big problem, because I have a full copy of files and database.

The login button in the web site is for OpenId only. For your testing, you can add a normal login form in the frontend.

If you need any change to the server configuration, I can do it.

All the information in the website are confidential (like users list, users contents, etc.).

Thank you.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The issue of target seems when u import the database from older to the new version the user is missed and the system can not found it.
I test it with a demo user and its showing fine on friend request: prntscr.com/iikkra
We will check and reply you to for other threads as well, kindly follow the same thread.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński