Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Javascript error on "Approve" group join request

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,
in this screenshot you can see the error in Firefox:

This message contains confidential information

I have JomSocial 4.5 on Joomla 3.8.5, installed on localhost (PHP 7.1, IIS 8.5, Windows Server 2012 R2)

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The same error happens with Chrome, please see this screenshot:

Clicking on VM137 in the Chrome console (I don't know what is VM137), it seems that the error is generated by this code:

joms.jQuery("#msg-request-11079").html("You have accepted an invitation to attend <a href="/community-new/groups/viewgroup/9-teorie-e-metodi-della-psicologia-sociale">Teorie e metodi della psicologia sociale</a>.");(data);

I suppose that the double quotes in the link are not correctly escaped, but I don't know if this is the reason of the error.

Please see this other screenshot:

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I noted the following two errors in the php log. Maybe they are irrelevant, however they are:

[18-Feb-2018 15:43:01 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community-new\administrator\components\com_community\controllers\configuration.php on line 144
[18-Feb-2018 15:43:01 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Notice: Undefined index: network_keywords in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community-new\administrator\components\com_community\models\network.php on line 173

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The problem still exists in JomSocial 4.5.1 Beta 2

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Steps to reproduce the bug:

- Use the last Firefox (or Chrome) with cookie and cache cleaned

- Do a new fresh installation of Joomla 3.8.5 on IIS 8.5, PHP 7.1, MySQL 5.7.21

- Install JomSocial 4.5.0 stable (or the 4.5.1 beta 2, both of them produces the same javascript error)

- In the Joomla administration, create the users "demo1" and "demo2".

- In the Joomla frontend, login as "demo1"

- Create the closed (private) group "Gruppo di prova per test tecnici". Write the post "Test tecnici" in group wall. It's important that the group is closed.

- Logout

- Login as "demo2" and ask to join the previously created group

- Logout

- Login as "demo1"

- Unfortunately I notice that there is no badge notification that warns me that "demo2" asked to join the group... (is it another bug?). However, clicking on the notifications icon (the world icon), the notification appears.

- Clicking on "Approve", I get the previously descripted javascript error (as in the previously linked screenshots)

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I reproduced this bug (following the previous steps) also on a Linux machine, in particular with:
* MySQL 5.7.21 (it's the same version that I used on Windows Server)
* Apache 2.4.18 (instead of IIS 8.5)
* PHP 7.0 (instead of PHP 7.1 that I used on Windows Server)

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Sorry for delay in answer, Your thread hid from our monitoring system. I've investigated the problem and it's connected with AZRUL plugin, unfortunately developers of this plugin has stopped releasing it. Anyway I've checked the errors and they have no affect on functionality. Same with errors from log, it's just a notice caused by a fact that scripts were written in PHP 5 where used syntax was correct and now PHP 7 tries to force new standards, but still its just a notice and has no affect on how site performance.

Please try update AZRUL pugin. If You have been updating from older version than it may still be using old version.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you for the response, but I need more help.

1. In Joomla Administration, Extension, Plugins, there isn't any "Azrul" plugin. Where can I find this plugin?

2. You wrote that the errors "have no affects on functionality". I'm a bit disappointed, because there are at least two affect on functionality.
The first one is that after clicking on "Approve", nothing happens in the user graphical interface, there is no feedback that the user join is approved.
The second one is that, in the notification icon, the number of notifications is not decreased until the user manually refresh the page.

3. I demostrated in a previous post in this thread that the bug is always reproducible in a new installation of the latest Joomla + JomSocial, so it's not related to my migration from a previous installation.

Thank you,
Francesco Galgani

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

1. I've attached latest AZRUL plugin, please install and try it than

2. I do see the notification beside the error shown in console. Possibly because I'm testing it on a different type of server, hard to tell really.

3. Yes and I strongly believe the bug is coming from a plugin. If You will install it and it will not make any difference while using latest version than I will be able to pass it to programmers for a fix.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've installed your attached plugin. No difference (I cleaned cookie, cache and restarted the server).
Please pass this issue to programmers for a fix.
Thank you very much.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Ok. Just informed programmers about this. Will let You know as soon as I'll get a reply from them.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Got a message that the problem has been fixed on Your site. Please check.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Very good! The issue is fixed in the online (testing) version of the web site.
Please give me all the details about the steps to solve this issue: I need to repeat the fix in my localhost.
Thank you very much.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I'm sorry, but no details were given. All I know is that the fix for it will be included in next update.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński