Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JS redirect not functioning after upgrade J3.8.4 in multilingual site

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I have upgraded to Joomla 3.8.4 on a JS 4.5 on a multilingual website.
the redirect JS plugin doesn't redirect correctly and users cannot log on the front-end. It either directs to a localhost URL or is missing the domain root information.
If i disable the plugin, then I can login on the front-end.
(for info I tried on another website which is in one language only, and I don't have the problem).

in addition:
- this website also use JA Builder.
- Presently, I disabled the JomSocial redirect module and indicated the users to log with the login module in the footer. (once logged in, the disconnect function of the JS menu doesn't work either, only the logout of the footer works).

3rd edition:
I also tried the user registration:
- the user registration process goes well when you use the Joomla registration process (but remains limited to the joomla user profile data); including the email validation and the admin validation.
- the user registration process via JomSocial doesn't finalise. The input screens are OK. The user receives well the email with the validation link. The user can click on the link and get the webpage with the acknowledgement of the validation of the email; but, the Administrator doesn't receives the notification email that the user checked his/her email, and the process cannot finalise then.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I cannot see Your site right now. Is it connected with the update or happened during an attempt to fix it?

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The site is well on line at present.
the problem happened as a result of the joomla upgrade.
(I am not sure I exactly reply your question, please feel free to reformulate your question!).

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I've run some tests and I do not think it's connected with redirection plugin, same problem appear when plugin is enabled or disabled. Also when I run it with the plugin the full path is created.

I'm gonna report this to programmers. Will let You know as soon as I'll get a reply.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

for info, when the plugin is enabled, then it is redirecting to a URL "localhost" only. (at least it is the message I have.)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

For me the links looks like:

index.php/?option=com_community&view=profile

with or without plugin. During a dump of plugin's created links clearly a full path is returned, so the link switch is done in different place. Programmers wll get to the bottom of it. Will let You know as soon as they will let me know how to fix it.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Piotr
Looking forward

6 years 1 month ago
  • Erik
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Same here

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

JS Notifications module not function after Joomla 3.8.4. update, same issue with JS redirect login and JA Login, please be so kind and offer an update that’s provide working condition on the new Joomla 3.8.4. Thanks. To other customers, wait for updates before installing Joomla 3.8.4. there are no problems on Joomla 3.8.3. after the Joomla update issues are there!

I test it with many sites it’s a problem with the new Joomla and 3rd party extensions like JS or some JA products (in my case the Joomlart Login Module and the Jomsocial Redirect Plugin also the Jomsocial Notifications Module)! Not testet with other extensions - so be careful!

We need to wait for updates, you can work around if you can redirect to your landing page in one langues, its worked for me (but its not the result i wanna have), the Notification module works sometimes and sometimes its away - really funny - i hope Joomla did not mess up!

You can check up my post and error messages on my Joomlart support post:

www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/error-ja-l...ations-after-update/

Message in firefox:

Error: damaged content

When loading the page [WEBSITE URL] was violated the network protocol. This error can not be resolved.

login redirect to: h t t p s ://index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile the www.domain.tld is missing at all, even writing the www.domain.tld manually does not work anymore.

Result expected: h t t p s: //www.domain.tld/index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile
Result: h t t p s: //index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile
Issue: www.domain.tld is missing after login

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

JS Notifications module not function after Joomla 3.8.4. update, same issue with JS redirect login and JA Login, please be so kind and offer an update that’s provide working condition on the new Joomla 3.8.4. Thanks. To other customers, wait for updates before installing Joomla 3.8.4. there are no problems on Joomla 3.8.3. after the Joomla update issues are there!

I test it with many sites it’s a problem with the new Joomla and 3rd party extensions like JS or some JA products (in my case the Joomlart Login Module and the Jomsocial Redirect Plugin also the Jomsocial Notifications Module)! Not testet with other extensions - so be careful!

We need to wait for updates, you can work around if you can redirect to your landing page in one langues, its worked for me (but its not the result i wanna have), the Notification module works sometimes and sometimes its away - really funny - i hope Joomla did not mess up!

You can check up my post and error messages on my Joomlart support post:

www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/error-ja-l...ations-after-update/

Message in firefox:

Error: damaged content

When loading the page [WEBSITE URL] was violated the network protocol. This error can not be resolved.

login redirect to: h t t p s ://index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile the www.domain.tld is missing at all, even writing the www.domain.tld manually does not work anymore.

Result expected: h t t p s: //www.domain.tld/index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile
Result: h t t p s: //index.php/?option=com_users&view=profile
Issue: www.domain.tld is missing after login

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hmm ... tested all of the cases reported, but can confirm none of them. Everything works fine with Joomla 3.8.4 installed.

However, that might be due to the changes I recently applied to the menu structure. I also operate a multilingual site, and after update to Joomla 3.8.3 faced a significant increase of redirect errors in JS. However, after replicating the Jomsocial menu structure in all languages and putting everything in the hidden menu folder, all redirect errors had been gone.

Don't know about JA login module. Sounds a different case.

Cheers
Randolph

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Have no news about a fix yet, but it took a priority in our bug trucker so it shouldn't take long. Please downgrade to J3.8.3 till an approved fix won't be known.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
This look like an issue in the Joomla, please try to disable the Automatic language change to > No from language filter plugin.
save and check.
I also noticed the same issue is reported on Joomla github issue list as well.
Let me know if it helps.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Active

For the moment do this:
Download joomla 3.8.3, then replace file SiteRouter.php located in \libraries\src\Router/SiteRouter.php

The following user(s) said Thank You: yves
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński