Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade to JomSocial 4.4

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Greetings Pro's,
Whew... I finally was able to get JomSocial loaded onto this new site, www.sshag.com , and working correctly. However, the only way I could seem to get it to load was to upload one of my very old versions, 4.0.3. I have tried several times to load V4.4.4, but every time I do it, I get some kind of error. I even tried loading them one version at a time to get me up to 4.4.4 but it will not work. I also tried to load AdAgency Pro's latest version and that is failing as well. I am sorry to ask, but would you all please take a look at this and see if you are able to get both loaded on this new site for me. I have no clue why it's not working, but I am sure you pro's will.

Thanks,

David

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

Thank you for contacting us.
First upgrade Joomla! as you're using 3.4.8 - latest version is 3.8.0 :)
Then try to upgrade JomSocial by using Joomla! installer.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
I upgraded my Joomla to the latest version earlier today and when I was done, I could not access the admin side of my site, www.sshag.com/administrator or the front end, www.sshag.com . Are you sure this will work?

Thanks,

David

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

You need to tell me more David - I can't see what you see :) If you write that you can't access your site backend - you need to describe why and what you see... or even better to do a printscreen. I've checked your site and it's accessible but still 3.4.8: prntscr.com/gq7op0

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

MIchal
I am sorry and I don't know how, but I got it to upgrade to V4.4.4. I did not upgrade to the new version of Joomla yet though. Will Joomla 3.8.0 work on my site without causing any issues.

Thanks,

David

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

Well... number changed but that's not 4.4.4. It lacks features like chat and License registration.
I tried to install it again but I get 500 error: prntscr.com/gqn6uy
Please, contact your hosting support and ask for server error log.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
Thank you again, but so you know, regardless of what the version number is, my site is now all up to date with everything. However, will the new version with the chat be out soon? That was one of the reason's I purchased v4.4.4 because I thought it was coming with that new feature. None-the-less, all my sites are working just fine now. The only message I am getting is that I now need to upgrade my Joomla to 3.8.0 and I am neglecting doing that because I don't know if 3.8.0 will corrupt what I have.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

That's what I'm saying - on your site only number changed but all the rest is old... that's not 4.4.4 as in this version chat is availabale.
So that's not to shabby... when adding 500 errors... something is wrong with your server.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
Sorry for the delayed reply, but I am lost. If something is wrong with my server, what? I don't understand why I can't install V 4.4.4. What do I do from here. I was under the impression, and I may be wrong, but in another help thread, I thought you were going to upload this. If I am wrong, please forgive me. But when I went into one of my sites, MADD Talent, someone did something because all my emails addresses where missing. They were all gone. I did not think anything of it because I just assumed it was you fixing my problem. At this point, I am trying to get the latest version of JomSocial on my sites, but I don't know why I can't. Can you please tell me more on what I need to do?

Thanks,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

I need especially FTP to check your file system.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
I have given you all the information for both sites, MADD Talent and Sshag as they will both need to be looked at. I did load the newest version of JomSocial V4.4.4 onto both sites. Also, so you know, I attempted to upgrade MADD Talent from the iJoomla Installer and now when you go to the back-end or front-end of www.madd-talent.com all you see is this error message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare azrulSysBot() (previously declared in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/azrul.system/azrul.system.php:68) in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/jomsocial.system/jomsocial.system.php on line 68

I hope you pros can figure all of this out.
Thanks and let me know if you require anything further.

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Thank you. I've tried to reach your server via FTP but connection is refused by server.
Maybe it's firewall? Please, make sure that Polish IP is not blocked.
I'll check bot your site as I see in backend that there is a mess ;)

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
I am very sorry about this. I contacted my hosting company 2 days and 22 hours ago to ensure that you would have all the correct information to access my site via FTP. After they spent about 30 minutes configuring, they assured me it would be accessible. I just got off the phone with them again just now and they are now telling me that they need to know the IP address for the computer you will use to access my server via PTP. If you can share that with me, I will get this resolved for you ASAP. My sites need a lot of attention for some unknown reason right now.

thanks,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

I've sent you my IP address via PM.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński