Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade to JomSocial 4.4

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

You use outdated version of php - ask your hosting provider to upgrade to 7.0.
The issue on your site was caused by outdated Joomla! and some problems with file system.
I uninstalled JomSocial and installed it again. Then upgraded Joomla! to latest version. Now all works fine.

If you have similar issue on your other site you need to do the same:

0. Make a safe copy of your whole system (files and database)
1. Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Manage
2. Search all extensions using filter "com"
3. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
4. Search all extensions using filter "jom"
5. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
6. Search all extensions using filter "JS"
7. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions​
8. Download latest JomSocial package from here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses
9. Unzip it
10. Install com_community package via Joomla! installer
11. Follow installation steps

Accesing to JomSocial with throw a blank page - this is caused by outdated version of Joomla!. You need to upgrade to J! 3.8.1.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Michal,
I just had both sites upgraded to PHP 7.0 and I am now getting even more bad messages. LOL I am sorry for all this work and I wish I knew what caused all of this so I can do all I can to prevent it in the future. Below is what you see when you go to www.madd-talent.com now.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemIjseo has a deprecated constructor in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/ijseo/ijseo.php on line 23

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemJomsocialUpdate has a deprecated constructor in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/jomsocialupdate/jomsocialupdate.php on line 15

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; AzrulJXTemplate has a deprecated constructor in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/azrul.system/pc_includes/template.php on line 15

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; AzrulJXCachedTemplate has a deprecated constructor in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/azrul.system/pc_includes/template.php on line 64

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemPublisherActivity has a deprecated constructor in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/publisheractivity/publisheractivity.php on line 8

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare azrulCheckBuffer() (previously declared in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/azrul.system/azrul.system.php:204) in /home/maddtalent/public_html/plugins/system/jomsocial.system/jomsocial.system.php on line 205

Take care,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

You may ignore Deprecated notices.
Fatal error is caused by outdated JomSocial plugin azrul - please, make sure to uninstall it.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
Just to make sure I understand you correctly and don't make things worse, you want me to go to JomSocial back-end and then access my plugins and uninstall the Azrul plugin. Is this correct?

Thanks,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Yes :) Azrul plugin should be removed along with all other JS extensions - just like in my instruction.
Then you should install latest JS version.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
I have not yet removed the Azrul plugin or any of the JS extensions. Actually I am afraid to do it and I don't know if Dimas has already done that for me. However, when I log into the back-end of MADD Talent I am getting the attached upgrade notices. I am afraid to do either of these because I don't want to cause any more problems. It appears Joomla 3.8.1 is needing to be added to my site. Is it safe to upgrade to this? Next, it is telling me that my server's PHP file needs to be upgraded as well. This I can do really easily with a phone call. Can you please tell me which version I need to have on my server so I can upgrade to that exact version. My last question is about the Azul plugin and the JS extensions. I don't know if Dimas has already done this. Can you tell me if it's been done and if I still need to do it please. I did just speak with my hosting provider, Hostgator, and they assured me that I version 5.6 to 7. They are telling me that i's not the PHP on my server, it's something in the code on the site that needs to indicate to the server to use a higher PHP version.

Thanks,

David

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

PHP notice comes from Joomla! as you use outdated version: prntscr.com/h2lwb8
Ask your hosting provider to upgrade it to 7.0.
It's safe to upgrade to Joomla! 3.8.1 :) Of coursed o a safe copy first.
There is no need to be afraid of change - if you have backup copy (e.g made with Akeeba Backup) you may always restore your site.
No, Dimas didn't touched your site. Uninstalline extensions is easy and I provided you all the steps.
It's up to you now :)

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
Good day. When I access my the back-end of www.madd-talent.com and then go to Components -> JomSocial, I get the attached screenshot. I don't get the normal JomSocial dashboard. This is the JomSocial installer for the upgrade. I don't know why it's defaulting to this page, but it is. Now, to make matters worse, when I select the "Next" trigger, my site and the back-end both go down. I first saw this last week when this thread began and assumed you set this up for me to upgrade to the new version of JomSocial. After if failed, I had to contact my hosting company and ask them to reload the most current back-up version of MADD Talent. I then posted another help request to JomSocial and was instructed to upgrade my Joomla and version 7.0 of PHP, which I did and it worked, and then to upgrade to the latest version of JomSocial. So I again went to Components -> JomSocial and when I did, I got the same screen again that is attached here. So I figured that because I have upgraded my Joomla and my PHP, it will work this time and ran the "Next" trigger. Nope! My back-end and fron-end went down again. So I contacted my hosting provider and uploaded the backed up version of MADD Talent. Now my site, www.madd-talent.com is once again restored. The Joomla and PHP have once again successfully been upgraded to the latest versions and the site is working. However, I still don't have the latest version of JomSocial and that's what this is all about. LOL!
Please, before I do anything further, go to my back-end and then go to Components -> JomSocial and you wont see the dashboard. You will see the upgrade Jomsocial page. I am begging you, please see if you are able to upgrade my JomSocial. I can't seem to do it. I have been doing this for 3 years now. I think, I think, I know how to do it. Something is not working and I have no clue why and I need my site to work desperately. We just released a new application for high school athletes and we know our members are going to love this and I want them to see it. At this point, and I apologize, but I would so much rather you upgrade my site to the newest version of JomSocial for me so I don't make another mess. Please don't worry because I have already made a back-up of what is currently up on the site right now. If there is a bigger problem that is out of your control, I will just upload the back-up again.

Thanks,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

Issue comes from database - Please, edit your lats post with credentials and provide access to PHPmyAdmin.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

MIchal,
I just looked at my last post and the credentials, including PHP, are all there. I may need to add your IP address to my servers safe IP list if I have not already.

Thanks,

David

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, David.

No sorry, your last post contain access to site backend and FTP. I need access to PHPmyAdmin so I could see SQL database tables.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński