Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade J3.6.5.1 => J3.7.2.1: Translated toolbar items not available anymore

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ulli.

As I mentioned - I tested this on latest version of JomSocial and Joomla!.
Translating method works.
There is no bug in JomSocial code and issue apply to your site exclusively.
Most likely it's caused by translation changes in Joomla! code.
It may cause that some translations are not applied because code in translation file that was valid for 3.6 is not in 3.7.
That is why we need to investigate your language file.
Okay, stay with your site downgraded - just send me your language file for xx-XX_com_community.ini.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ulli
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I already provided the language file yesterday!

Please have a look on my post
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/364...lable-anymore#174450

Best regards
Ulli

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Ulli.

I apologize as I missed that one.
I confirm that your language file is source of your issues (what I mentioned at very beginning).
Please, take a look: snag.gy/Tiv1al.jpg

Now, please, try to:

1. Upgrade your site to latest version of Joomla!
2. Read and follow fix instruction in that post: www.jomsocial.com/blog/j37-translations (especially "Search for \\"_QQ_" and replace it with \" (Do this first. It will fix most issues.)").

Fixing language file will cause that toolabr translation will re-appear. Make sure that you follow instruction to the word.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ulli
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

ff course I already followed the instructions at www.jomsocial.com/blog/j37-translations
and replaced i. e. \\"_QQ_" with \" etc.

This did NOT solve the problem!

By the way in the translated part concerning the TOOLBAR there is NOT any of the critical elements mentioned like _QQ_ and \\".

Best regards
Ulli

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ulli.

I once again downloaded and checked your ini file and mistakes are still there: snag.gy/4LovIk.jpg
Please, follow my instructions or provide me FTP access (it will require you to upgrade to latest version of Joomla)

It doesn't matter that toolbar part doesn't contain, it's enough that your file contain them and this cause part of your file to be rendered wrong.
That is causing your issue.

I also saw your complain at Chat... I'm sorry but delay is caused by lack of your cooperation. Please, follow my instructions or provide my your site backend and FTP access. This issue is not caused by JomSocial and apply to all pre 3.7 language file (vide conversation on GitHub i provided few posts before).

6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ulli
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

of course the mistakes are still there because - as mentioned before - I RESTORED the system back to J3.6.5.1 after J3.7.2.1 had failed to work correctly with the translated toolbar file!
This includes the restoration of the community-language file too! And so it is logical that you still find errors, isn´t it?

How often shall I repeat that I already followed the instructions at www.jomsocial.com/blog/j37-translations
and replaced i. e. \\"_QQ_" with \" etc.?:

Here is what you can read on the site you mentioned:

Fixing The Problem
If you don’t want to wait for translators to update the language files, you can fix your translations immediately and in just a couple of minutes:

Download text editor with a “Find & Replace” function. We recommend Notepad++ or Atom which are both free.
Search for \\"_QQ_" and replace it with \" (Do this first. It will fix most issues.)
Search for _QQ_ and replace all occurrences with _QQQ_
Search for \\" and replace all occurrences with \"
Save the file and test it.
These changes will put your language file back to speed and you will be ready to update Joomla to version 3.7.

So if this instructions were correct the problem should have been solved by following those instructions by making use of Ultraedit32 and its replace function.
Since this does not work obviously the description of replacements presented above is not correct or not complete!

Best regards
Ulli

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Ulli

Lets try to confirm that the language file is actually an issue first.
Can you please try to do this.

Take your language file that we suspect it is broken, and then find all the toolbar language strings that you have in it.
Move all those strings at the top of your language file, to be the first at the very top, or you can even delete everything from it and have only those strings.
Refresh the page.

If your toolbar is translated again, then you should really consider contacting the language author to help you fix it.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ulli.

There is not much sense in arguing that way.
We try to face the issue that we can't actually see.
You report issue for Joomla! 3.7 while providing us access to 3.6.

If we want this solved - and I assure you we'd love to - please do the following: If you don't want to upgrade your live site - please do a copy and provide us access to. Both backend access and FTP.

I'm really sorry but we MUST see the actual issue and have access to files in order to investigate what is wrong.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński