Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial Update from 3.2.1.4 to 4.2.4 is hanging

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

yes you can try it :)

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello, we've had quite an odyssey yesterday trying to get the update(s) work. I had to replay our last backup for 3 times because via ijoomla-installer the installation was from JomSocial 3.2.1.4 only to 4.0.9. It was not possible to update to the last version 4.2.5. It was hanging again via "complete the installation"/database entries. And if I install 4.2.5 via the joomla installer it will break the site (white screen). So I had to replay the whole backup and tried again. I spent the whole day dealing with this update.

Now on the live site is Joomla 3.6.2 running with JomSocial 4.0.9. At this point the JomSocial-backend isn't reachable (white screen) and we can't administrate nor we can update to the last version of JomSocial 4.0.25

Your help will be appreciated

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

That hang installation caused by this www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/350...ging?start=14#169395 , and I already fix it.. the installation is done now..

BUT... :) I still get the blank page on your backend, this issue caused by this error :

Warning: require_once(/homepages/u57051/joomla_3_3/components/com_community/models/community.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/u57051/joomla_3_3/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 656

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homepages/u57051/joomla_3_3/components/com_community/models/community.php' (include_path='.:/homepages/u57051/joomla_3_3/plugins/system:.:/vrmd/webserver/php-5.6.26/lib/php') in /homepages/u57051/joomla_3_3/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 656

For fixing this I need your FTP access so I can fix this directly, and then I will let you know whats going on :)

thank you

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you very much (ftp access see private site information)

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Boris,

Please check again, everything is done now :)

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello again, it seems that everything is working fine. Thank you very much for your help and support.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński